opera shuts down after windows update

Ed1049

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016
I am using the latest version of the Opera browser (v35.0.2066.37, which I believe it is Chrome compatible). Since I have a new LG V-10 phone, several updates were unavailable to install a link to my computer, so I requested to update Windows with all the latest available updates. After installing these, I've tried to launch Opera several times and within 1-2 minutes it aborts. Any suggestions on how I might resolve this, as I do not like using Internet Explorer, Chrome, FireFox, etc. I've used Opera for over 10 years and this is the first MAJOR problem I've encountered, other than being told that many places do not support Opera, yet I've had virtually no problems accessing sites, etc.

Ed1049

Honorable
Feb 7, 2016

FROM Ed1049:
Thanks for the input, however, I ended up doing a "ROLLBACK," uninstalling the windows updates and THINGS ARE BACK TO NORMAL (or as normal as they've ever been). The problem is were these Windows updates important?

I'm running on an HP Pavillion HPE and have had endless problems with it since I took it out of the box. When I asked HP for help, after about 10 days, they offered to assist me for $249.00 an hour, saying it was SOFTWARE and not a HARDWARE related problem (what ever happened to warranties??). Again, thanks for the input.