Dell Inspironn:
- 2nd generation Core i3 2.1 Ghz
- 6 gb ram
- 640 gb hard drive
- 4 usd 3.0 ports
- 6 cell battery
- bluetooth (not on toshiba)
- blu ray (not on toshiba)

Toshiba is $435, the Dell $430. So basically the same price. But I hear Toshiba is better quality and more reliable.

Appreciate some feedback. Thank you.

Get the one you like it - ligther, better looking etc.

If you have Bluetooth peripherals (mouse, headphones), or plan to buy / rent BluRay movies, then Dell is better choice.

You did not mention what screens these laptops have, but in that price range, it's crap anyway on both.

I would stick with Dell - it's support site is much better organised than Toshiba' one.

matt321

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

Thanks for the feedback.

I placed an order for the Dell. At least it has 6gb of ram, saves me time from having to order a part and upgrade esp since I think I read somewhere that Dell's are much more complicated to upgrade.

Both of these laptops are 15.6". I don't think 15" is crap though. I went to the store to check out sizes a few days ago, 14" is too tiny for me, 17" is way too big to carry, 15" seems fine.

One thing I don't like about the Dell or actually any laptop in this price range is the glossy screen, but I guess I will just have to get used to it coming from a nice matte screen on a desktop. Maybe the reflections in stores are worse due to all the fluorescent lights, I don't plan on using it outdoors.