Oprah Has a 'Fancy' 4G Phone That You Can't Have

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I think it would be pretty sweet if when you got in your car, it deactivated your phone unless you had a hands-free device installed... and sent anyone calling to a voice mail stating that your driving and you cannot take their call. Obviously unless you had the hands-free device installed.

I'm not trying to be a goody two shoes, I seriously see at least 100 people a day driving with their knees and their heads DOWN texting. That is a seriously friggin problem. From 16 year olds to 50+... I see it all. Everyday.

Rhynn

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
she's a billionaire...she can afford to have items built one-run, straight-from-patent if she wants. I'm surprised she's not flying around in her starship plinking cities off the map at any given second to be honest.

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]buckinbottoms[/nom]did someone actually cam an oprah episode?[/citation]
There is allot of youtube vids that way. I even saw one that was downloaded burned to a DVD then recording with a camera.

G

you know shes only holding on to that phone cause steve jobs won't give her a iphone 4g. trufax.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]There is allot of youtube vids that way. I even saw one that was downloaded burned to a DVD then recording with a camera.[/citation]
That makes no sense :/

G

babybeluga

Funny. I'm installing 4G towers for Sprint and T-Mobile in LA County, Orange County and San Diego County. We are getting ready.

Going to be fast. Finally. They better bump up that 5GB data cap that will go quick!

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
if you look under your chairs... you will see a 4G PHONE!!! you get a 4G, and you get a 4G, everyone gets a 4G phone!!!!!
sprint probably gave her the phone to hype it up, now that they know the iphone 4g is coming.

jezzarisky

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
two things. One: it's Oprah. of course she's got access to promo devices that haven't come out yet. Two: I do like the act of it becoming a social courtesy not to answer your phone or text while driving, but in lack of that, I'm glad Utah enacted a law that you can't text and drive(even if people won't actually follow it unless a cop is around).

G

I bet she stole it from apple. a few days from now apple is going to have the police raid her home for all of her computer files- for what reason still remains unclear to me.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]Hollowtek[/nom]I bet she stole it from apple. a few days from now apple is going to have the police raid her home for all of her computer files- for what reason still remains unclear to me.[/citation]
All they'll find is dr.phil pr0ns

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Why don't they just have the texting function just deactivate when people are driving? It's not that hard, all they have to do is use the accelerator and the gps to sense when the car is moving, obviously it moves and accelerates faster then a human, so once the car is moving at a certain acceleration or speed, say 20mph, the phone automatically deactivates certain functions. Simple. Gps, can stay active, texting goes off, ect.ect.
Actually surprised no one did it already.

t85us

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
i really don't care if she does have a fancy iphone or whatsoever... i'm still using my good old SE P990i :D

Status
Not open for further replies.