Optical audio Bose V35 to Samsung UHD TV 2017

trskutle

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017
I´m trying to set up my V35 system (AV35) using the optical cable from the Samsung "One Connect" box to the AV35.

All HDMI´s are connected from the various devices to the One Connect / TV. Only the optical goes from the OC / TV to the AV35.

All my attempts have been unsuccessful..
I´ve tried to connect the HDMI TV Video from the AV35 to the OC / TV and set up the optical TV. I manage to get the connection, but when I press "Continue" the connection drops out again.

Please help.

TV: UE75MU7005TXX

Solution
You seem to have done the right things.
Do you have a source that has it's own optical audio output like a cable box? You could use that to see if the Bose is the problem.
If your sources aren't 4k you can connect them to the Bose with HDMI and the Bose to the TV. That should get you sound from those sources but not from the TV tuner or apps. For 4k sources you can directly connect analog audio output. Not the right solution but better than the TV speakers.
You can try contacting Bose but they are usually much more intent on selling you a new system then repairing your old one.
If all your sources are connected to the TV you don't need the HDMI cable from the V35 to the TV except if the Bose has a set up menu that you want to access.
After you connect the optical audio output of the TV to one of the optical inputs on the Bose you will need to turn it on in the TV menu. You may also need to turn the TV speakers off to get it working. Make sure the TV is set to bitstream 5.1 rather than PCM stereo output.

trskutle

Prominent
Nov 17, 2017

Yes, all my sources are connected to the TV (One Connect). I have changed audio output on the TV to optical and i do have the red light in the cable. I have also as I mentioned connected the V35 by HDMI to the TV and selected optical TV input. Changing the format has not helped either, PCM, Dolby etc.

The Bose V35 is from 2012 btw, if that helps.

You seem to have done the right things.
Do you have a source that has it's own optical audio output like a cable box? You could use that to see if the Bose is the problem.
If your sources aren't 4k you can connect them to the Bose with HDMI and the Bose to the TV. That should get you sound from those sources but not from the TV tuner or apps. For 4k sources you can directly connect analog audio output. Not the right solution but better than the TV speakers.
You can try contacting Bose but they are usually much more intent on selling you a new system then repairing your old one.

Solution
Mar 26, 2018
Hi Trukutle

I have a V35 from the same year and have the same issue. Just curious if you ever sorted it out?

I found a workaround, which is just to plug the Optical cable from the TV into one of the other optical inputs available.

Thanks
Russell