Orangutan Takes Pics, Shares via Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Using animals for making a bucks or 2... humanity have sunk low... so low that nothing can be under it.[/citation]

Lol, I know, what have we humans become in this modern age!?
Welcome to 3000 BC.

G

i think it would be really cool if they DID set Nonja up with a PC and let her interact with other or.s in other zoos. to hell with what WE want to see on facebook, give her some feedback (besides raisins) for crapsake. Maybe introduce a smell-generator for pheromones. We should quit looking INto the zoo (including and especially our own)and start looking out anyway...

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
[citation][nom]FoShizzleDizzle[/nom]I'm a monkey, and I'm a PC.[/citation]
I would put it the other way around, but you're right...

hint: this is the same person, no funny rotten apple ad in the background

[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]I got disappointed when I found out the camera automatically uploaded instead of the Orangutan.[/citation]
They just didn't get their vi$hta sp2+ (aka $even) license yet...

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Using animals for making a bucks or 2... humanity have sunk low... so low that nothing can be under it.[/citation]

Circuses are way older than the roman empire pal.

Computer_Lots

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Really??? People have been using animals for profit since the beginning of time. People have used mules, horses, donkeys and oxen for all sorts of farming tasks. What about raising cattle or chickens for food. They're stupid animals, they're not people.
Now, I don't believe in mistreating animals or harming them for your personal amusement like Michael Vick but there's nothing wrong with using them for what they were made for. I seriously doubt this monkey feels mistreated by getting a new toy to play with that dispenses goodies.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Ever heard of something called a grocery store? Ever had wool socks?

Giving an animal raisins to take randoms pictures that we can look at is so much worse than eating the thing....

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006

I dont blame the zoo for trying to raise money. Most zoos are a public service to the community and to conservation.

Are all other non-for-profit and charitable organizations "so low that nothing can be under it" as well to you?

Twit.

Status
Not open for further replies.