Origin PC Launches Back to School Promo for Free SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidiaguy07

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
"By giving SSD's away for free, they are devaluing them. We dont think this is best for consumers." -Quote from EA's Origin

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]nvidiaguy07[/nom]"By giving SSD's away for free, they are devaluing them. We dont think this is best for consumers." -Quote from EA's Origin[/citation]

Yea about that, they have nothing to do EA.

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
[citation][nom]nvidiaguy07[/nom]"By giving SSD's away for free, they are devaluing them. We dont think this is best for consumers." -Quote from EA's Origin[/citation]
I see what u did thar.

G

Ea's Origin is not the same company as Origin PC. Ea's Origin is a content distribution system (like Steam, but run by EA) while Origin PC is a Miami company that was started by ex employee's of Alienware.

nvidiaguy07

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Heads will roll[/nom]Ea's Origin is not the same company as Origin PC. Ea's Origin is a content distribution system (like Steam, but run by EA) while Origin PC is a Miami company that was started by ex employee's of Alienware.[/citation]
clearly the quote was made up and was being sarcastic. And I put EA's origin so people would see the difference. At least one person got it :/

The made-up quote is making fun of this article where Origin(EA) criticizes steam(valve): http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-06-david-demartini-origin-wants-to-be-the-hub

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]nvidiaguy07[/nom]clearly the quote was made up and was being sarcastic[/citation]I thought it was funny, I thumbed you up. :)

Back on topic, the EON11-S starts at $999 with a Pentium B960 2.2Ghz and 2GB GT 650M with 4GB DDR1333 and a 320GB HDD. Seems like a solid machine when they toss in a free 128GB SSD.

bob_38

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
I work in sales. Nothing is free, this "free SSD" will be worked into the total cost of the product. And looking at the prices your paying for the SSD, and then some.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
Son, for your 18th birthday I will buy you either a new car or that monster Origin PC config you wanted. Let me know by friday.
[nom]Heads will roll[/nom]Origin PC is a Miami company that was started by ex employee's of Alienware.[/citation]Ex-employees who felt that Alienware systems were too affordable, I do believe.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.