Original Darth Vader Costume is Up for Auction

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
The economy is bad for everyone it seems. Now the Empire is trying to get back in the black. What with a war, two failed real estate ventures (Death Stars), and the loss of that luxury space yacht the Executioner, along with the failed Stormtrooper uniform, come on they could not all be that bad of a shot it had to be the uniforms, the Empire most cut costs. Here is a little taste of what will be up for auction the next go around. "The Emperor has no clothes.".

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
#1 she is really cute! (in the picture)

I can see this selling for millions!

[citation][nom]calmstateofmind[/nom]I would wear this...everywhere.[/citation]

LOL! Awesome

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Christie's should offer the winner a 1 week assistant who would walk around with a boombox playing the Imperial March song while you wear the suit. Then it should garner more money.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
The idea that this will sell for $250k is an inside joke. They know it will blow through that number. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw this go for 7 figures.

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
This is the Empire Strikes Back costume? Did they use a different one in Return of the Jedi?

I know in A New Hope, parts of the mask were dark brownish, which they fixed in Empire--so this is the better of the two costumes.

My Darth Vader at home has an original X-box top as a chest plate--the only part I bought was the mask and had the find the rest at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS