OS Update Virus Targeting iPad Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]shadow703793[/nom]Finally. I'm not a fan of Viruses, but those arrogant "Apple is da best & no viruses" users need to be taught a lesson....[/citation]
Btw, I realize this affects Windows OS, but still...

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]But, but, but....Apple products are supposed to be immune to malware..right?[/citation]

LOL you beat me to it. But someone had to say it :)

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Wait a minute - as I read this, an ipad social engineering exploit installs a virus onto your windows computer. That's just not fair!

bloody llama

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
You would think that people would have learned to avoid these emails by now. Seriously, I learned to avoid these things back in the 90s! (and i was only born in 90 for a reference point)

WR

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Before people get all into this, the malware described in this article does not affect an Apple product.

It has no more to do with the security of an iPad than your bank security is to blame when an e-mail pretends to be from your bank and asks you to download a virus to access your account balance from your smartphone.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
If i were a hacker i would target Apple's computers. Why?

1. market share is growing
2. [some] Apple users are gullible, the think they're immune because they're on an apple computer.

G

So let me get this straight: ipad gets STD via email and then gives STD to pc later that night? That whore!!!

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]But, but, but....Apple products are supposed to be immune to malware..right?[/citation]
No, there is no recorded virus. This requires the user to click on something and install something.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009

lol, the article actually states that the virus attacks Windows explorer, and that Macs are immune. it doesn't attack any apple product, only windows.

I mean, I agree completely, Mac's are less secure. this virus doesn't make any sense, I mean why would anyone but a Mac Minion buy an ipad?

this think just screams some lazy opportunist wanker grabbing the closest virus they could find and just clumsily nailing it to the ipad bandwagon.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]elel[/nom]Wait a minute - as I read this, an ipad social engineering exploit installs a virus onto your windows computer. That's just not fair![/citation]
Probably a story for the conspiracy theorists to think this was all Apple's doing to get more people to switch to a mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.