OS X Loves my WIFE!

stealth80

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
Hi,
I got a MacBook Pro this week and entered my Apple ID on set up. When I went to add internet accounts, the mails auto populated the name with my wifes name. I have no idea why its doing this, at no point have I entered her name into the mac, nor are our accounts shared or linked. I proceeded to erase the drive and re-install Yosemite, when it finished I went to add my facebook account and there again, her name auto populated !

stealth80

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
its populating "add new account" for mails accounts, is that normal just because ive emailed like 3 years ago? Also there was a chat app open (first time using mac excuse descriptions) with her name, photo, busy/away/offline/afk options and a drop down menu for buddies (which was empty). I could change all those settings as if she was logged in on my mac

STFLightning

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
That is odd, especially with a wipe, are you using Migration Assistant? If you use Migration Assistant and copy over settings it will auto-populate with your old mail, ichat/message etc. accounts. Otherwise I can't help, it's very odd...