otg fan not recognising

Jun 18, 2018
sir,
my phone is asus zenfone 2 (ze551ml) .when i connect otg fan to my phone ,it is not recognising the otg fan. can you please help me to solve this problem

thank you

Did you check to make sure your phone supports using such a device and that the device works with your particular phone? I would check with the company that makes the fan, and also with your phone's manufacturer to see if it is even possible on that device. It isn't possible on all devices.

Jun 18, 2018
when i contacted asus help ...they gave me this solutions ....none of these worked for me

"Greetings for the day!

Thank you for sharing your query with ASUS and providing us the opportunity to assist you.

My name is Anjali Chaudhary and it's my pleasure to help you with your problem.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

We understand your concern. We will provide the available solution regarding to your concern.

We request you to follow some troubleshooting steps to rectify this issue.

We request to you check for the firmware update, please update the Phone if any update is available.
This is to inform you that your Phone can be updated in 2 ways, i.e. - "OTA (Over the Air)" and "Manually".
For OTA updates, please navigate to Settings > About > System Update > Check for Update > Update.
If OTA (automatic) update is not available then please share current build number of your Phone so that we can help you further in updating the correct firmware in your Phone manually.
You can check build number by navigating to Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number.
You can send us the screenshot also.
We believe the issue will get resolved after performing above steps and system update, but in case issue remains same, then please try these troubleshootings.
Please navigate to Settings > Developer options >>Select USB Configuration .
Please select MTP ( Media Transfer Protocol ).
If you don't find "Developer Options”, please tap on Settings->About->Software Information->Build number, tap 7 times on build number , then you'll get a pop up message "You're now a developer".
Then you'll have to check "Developer Options" in Setting.
There you'll find the option of "USB debugging", please check the box corresponding this option.
We believe the issue will get resolved after performing above steps and system update, but in case issue remains same, then please try accessing Phone in Safe Mode.
For Safe Mode:
You’ll have to press and hold the "Power Key".
You’ll find an option of - "Power Off" on screen.
You’ll have to press and hold on "Power Off" option on screen for about 2 to 3 seconds.
Then you'll get a pop up message - "Do you want to reboot your Phone in Safe Mode?"
Press OK on that message, then your Phone will get rebooted in Safe Mode.
To exit the Safe Mode please restart the Phone normally.
If still problem persists, we request you to perform Wipe Cache Partition process, i t may help you to resolve this issue.
For Wipe Cache Partition:
When device is off, press & hold Volume down + power when you see Asus Logo Leave the power button & the device should boot into recovery where you see all the mentioned options
Select ''Wipe Cache Partition'' by volume down key (or volume up key), and then press power key to select.
Phone will process for few minutes.
After process is completed, select "reboot system now" and press power key to reboot your device.
If problem still persist, please perform Factory Reset.
Factory Reset Steps:

Tap Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Phone > Enter your PIN or password > Erase Everything.
Note: Please take the backup of the data before performing Factory Reset.
We hope after following these troubleshooting steps, your device starts working properly & if unfortunately, it does not work, then accept our apologies for that as there might be some hardware problem and for that please visit our Service Center with invoice copy to get the issue resolved at the earliest.
Please click on the below link and follow the steps for detailed list of the nearest Service Center from your location:
Link: http://support.asus.com/ServiceCenter.aspx?SLanguage=en
Select Repair Center.
Select the Country location.
Select the State in option 1 or enter your Pin Code in option 2.
Select Product category and click on Confirm.
Note: This is to inform you that if your device is out of warranty or the product is having Physical Damage / Water Contact then services will be on chargeable basis.
We apprise you that service charge will be 500 INR. In case any part is getting replaced then you have to pay the part cost including service charge.
If you are not taking service, only diagnosing your device, then diagnose charge of 250 INR will be applicable.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Have a great day ahead! "