Outlook 365 mobile settings

77ssbssb

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017
Hello Everyone!

Our company is using outlook 365 as official email. While I am able to use office 365 in android apps like outlook, gmail which auto-configure the settings and I am able to login. At the same time I am unable to auto-configure outlook 365 in email client like mozilla thunderbird in PC.

So, I want to know is there any way through which I can copy the server settings which android app is using so that I can use the same setting to configure outlook 365 in thunderbird on my windows PC?

Thanks

Solution
I just did what I should have recommended you to do at the outset but I prefer to advise rather than just post links.

This is a safe link to an academic institution here in England and you might like to check it against hte procedures you followed.

http://www.its.qmul.ac.uk/office365/documents/80326.pdf

There are quite a few of these online so it must have been a problem for a lot of users. If you don't have a PDF file reader installed, search for Foxit and install that. It's efficient and doesn't nag you to update like Adobe does.

77ssbssb

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017

Correct Sir but, is there a way to know the settings which apps like gmail, outlook use to connect so that I can use the same in PC?

77ssbssb

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017

Thanks Sir actually our company's IT support isn't helpful in this matter(They don't reply to the emails sent to them in this regard), that is why I asked if there was a way to clone outlook app server settings in windows 7.

Sorry. In your Android system, go to Settings then e-mail and tap Settings which is under your name and address. Tap the relevant account then More Settings at the bottom of the screen. The next screen will show Incoming and Outgoing settings which you can then input into Thunderbird.

There's no way to clone them so it's back to pen and paper but there isn't much to write.

77ssbssb

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017

Thanks Sir, tried inputing the setting shown there but to no use...

77ssbssb

Prominent
Nov 12, 2017

Thanks Sir, better wait till official settings come, if they will ever come.

I just did what I should have recommended you to do at the outset but I prefer to advise rather than just post links.

This is a safe link to an academic institution here in England and you might like to check it against hte procedures you followed.

http://www.its.qmul.ac.uk/office365/documents/80326.pdf

There are quite a few of these online so it must have been a problem for a lot of users. If you don't have a PDF file reader installed, search for Foxit and install that. It's efficient and doesn't nag you to update like Adobe does.

Solution