Outlook w/Win 10

boongsong

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2013
I just purchased a new laptop, HP Spectre x2 12" convertible with Win 10. I'm having a lot of problems with the apps mode so I use the desktop mode with my own local browser (IE) for internet access. For some unknown reason, I'm unable to install/use Outlook email. I've been searching for a link to download/install it but nothing works. I use it on my desktop PC with no problems. I even copied the url from my desktop PC and pasted it in the url space on my laptop and it downloaded but no emails or anything else. Unable to send/receive.
I'm @ my "wits end" to figure out how to get Outlook, with all the emails that are in the desktop version, loaded into my laptop. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do that w/out purchasing Office? I'm not sure if I've made this understandable or not. If you need additional info, please let me know.

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

It should be the first link when you type in "Hotmail" in google.

boongsong

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2013
Wow!! Thanks das_stig. That is the answer. I now have the same email w/all info the same as my desktop email.
What a relief!!!. I use that email a lot for various accounts (even though GMail is my default) and I'm getting ready to go out of country for about 4 months and it would be devastating if I didn't have Outlook.
I have another problem with Live mail. Should I make separate post on it?
Again, thanks to both of you.