Rumrunner 24

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
I was told by you guys that it would be a very bad idea to overclock my fx 4130 with the motherboard I have (Msi 760GM P-34) So I gave up on that idea and as did more research on various things I came across some info on the msi website that says there software or whatever that came with my mb that would allow me to unlock more cores.Is that the same as overclocking and does the fx 4130 black edition have extra cores ? The reason I'm asking is because I also read that amd sometimes locks perfectly good cores to meet demand or whatever and there's a small chance that if there are extra ones that may be functional.
I know I should just get a better cpu and motherboard but unitl I have an extra four to five hundred dollars to get an i7 id rather wait instead of buying another cheap cpu/mb combo.I understand that my hardware is terrible but the fact that msi adds that stuff in makes me curious about it.I believe it when you say don't try it because it may fry your hardware but why did they add it if its so dangerous ? Is it just another way to sell there stuff or what ? The reason I'm so set on trying anything I can that's safe is I have a gtx 770 and I feel like its not able to use its full potential.