overheat problem with ASUS GL553VD (and BSoD)

tod.altar

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I only purchase this laptop in March, and now it's easily overheated for playing big games like watch dogs, assassin's creed IV...
When I played more than 1 hour, the fan is running like crazy and my laptop get overheated, which lead into BSoD with code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.
I've tried to find which driver had had this failure via safe mode, and it seems referred to my Intel WLAN driver and Generic PnP Monitor.

TBH, this problem came after I updated windows to Fall Creators Update (yes it happen automatically update so I don't have control to disable it). After the update, I found my laptop can get overheated easily by plugging power even if I don't play a game. So I don't have any option except to reinstall windows which has failed so many times and finally installed with formating drive C.

But the BSoD with the same code happened again whenever I played a high specs games.

so, am I suppose to go to service center? actually I purchased this laptop not in official store. And for is it actually legal to place a warranty sticker in every bolt hole (I'm sorry for my bad English), because of that I can't even open my laptop by myself.

Solution
That I can't say. I have not used that particular software. However, I still would contact the manufacturer about the overheating. It is a newer device and should not do that. If you had any work done, or did any yourself, it would void your warranty. While one may not like the way some manufacturers handle things, it is still good to have their warranty.

tod.altar

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

TBH I don't like to use manufacturer service or should I say the reseller service, when I bought this laptop in February, I got a problem with the motherboard, but the reseller tried to service that just for <Removed> REINSTALL WINDOWS! AND IT TAKES OVER A MONTH TO DO THAT! and the outcome is clear that reinstall windows isn't a solution (because I have tried it before but they just ignored my warning), for a month I waiting for my laptop. In the end they just gave me another new product with the same series.

Well, I'd like to use it for one week more before I trying to contact the manufacturer, I'm now in a Exam Period...
TBH even last night I just use my laptop to browsing internet and studying, and still that BSoD with the same code happened, idk but suddenly the fan overworked and the screen freezed.

From what I checked in the internet, that I should check what driver has a problem via safe mode, and the outcome is
- Generic PnP Display
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (WLAN)
for WLAN driver (maybe) I have reinstalled it, but what happen to generic PnP display? since my GPU not displayed in safe mode, I made sure that was GPU driver problem.

Can this problem solved before going to the service center? (sorry for my bad english)

Watch the language profanity is not allowed here

tod.altar

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

I don't have all of them but if it's like quick charging software I have ASUS USB Charger Plus. Is that count as AI Charger?
and for AI Suite is it same as ROG Gaming Center?

tod.altar

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

well it seems I don't have either, but to be safe I need uninstall ASUS USB Charger Plus

That I can't say. I have not used that particular software. However, I still would contact the manufacturer about the overheating. It is a newer device and should not do that. If you had any work done, or did any yourself, it would void your warranty. While one may not like the way some manufacturers handle things, it is still good to have their warranty.

Solution