Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
hi,
i bought a laptop a month ago.
dell inspiron 15 5559
core i5 6200u
8 Gb ram
amd r5 m335 2Gb
the temperature while gaming (battlefield 1, gta v, far cry 4 , (low settings)) is arround 95°.
is that safe. the laptop has never shuted down and iam not useing over clocking..
sorry for bad English

RyanTodd1

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
Hi,

Simple fact of the matter is, unfortunately, your specs arent quite up to scratch with such a demanding game. Your PC will be using a lot of its resources almost all to run a game of that kind. All of them games are very demanding and seem like they are little too much on the laptop, and of course if the laptop isnt shut down then it will get hotter and hotter and you will have to be careful it doesnt over heat. Id recommend putting another external fan on it to cool it down when playing games and try to turn it off when it isnt being used and give it a chance to cool down naturally.

I'd also recommend an upgrade for those games, even though i can understand upgrading a laptop isnt very ideal!

Let me know what you do :)

RyanTodd1

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

Hi,

Despite this, as i said previously unfortunately the laptop just doesnt seem like it was built to run the latest Gen games, it will struggle and with struggle comes heat, there really isnt much you can do about it without changing some hardware, sorry!

Haidrah

Prominent
Jun 29, 2017
yes i know that my laptop isn't for gaming but i run games in medium or lowest setting and there is no lags the games run perfectly and as i saw on YouTube there are many playing games on the same laptop.
but i would know if 95° temperature can damage my laptop