laptop acer 5750g cpu overheat when gaming

DenzVextor

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
hi i have an old laptop acer 5750g,laptop history i have change mobo with new one.the old one trash burn so i get a new one from acer with a rebrand gpu gt 630m(brand new mobo/intel/gpu). so recently i've install a new ram kingstone hyperx 2x4,after few month my laptop getting hot while gaming(change paste still same)so i thought maybe its ram so i've change to the old one but still same.laptop heat temperature while gaming heavy stress game like crysis 3/witcher 3 cpu 96-98c/gpu 78-83c less stress game nfs MW 2012/GTA 4 cpu 80-84c/gpu 72-75c.so my concern is that my cpu is heating up way too much then my gpu.most forum i've read their have problem with overheat gpu but mine diffrence so im kinda stuck here.

spec
i7 quad core(hyperthreading 8) 2mhz with boost 2.8mhz
2 type ram 2x4 kingstone 12800/hyperx 2x4 18000
gt 630m 2gb ddr3

other info
cpu no oc (old or new) since bought the laptop
gpu oc 825/900@1600 (reset to stock still same cpu heating up)
using thermal pads not paste
processor power allready turndown to 80% running at 1.8mhz (turbo boost off still heating cpu)
using msi afterburner for monitor temp
W7 ultimate x64 sp1
using fan mod control (so fan spin at max capacity only down heat by 5-10c)
cooling pads cooler master u3 with mod fan 6x 12vdc brushless fan
i drill a hole at bottom casing for airflow like in this forum http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/acer-5750g-overheating-throttling-permanent-fix.735064/ but mine much more elaborate hole it covered the whole heatsink from gpu to cpu like an L shape
mainly play dota 2/dragon nest,heavy gaming when bored play like 2-3 hours 5 top

Solution
1. This may sound stupid, but one should ensure that you have no virus issues constantly running in the background eating cpu power and causing more heat. I suggest downloading malwarebytes and if possible EEK (Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner), both these are free with the latter using bitdefender engine and signature database of added better seek and destroy of viruses and malware.

2. In my experience laptops generally run around 55 to 60 degrees Celsius when its not doing much thus gaming will push to easily 79 to 90 degrees celsius. As far as i know laptops should at worst not exceed 95 degrees and high 80s is best temp with regard to laptops. So 98 degrees is worrying i suggest halting gaming for now which i know sucks big time but...

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
1. This may sound stupid, but one should ensure that you have no virus issues constantly running in the background eating cpu power and causing more heat. I suggest downloading malwarebytes and if possible EEK (Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner), both these are free with the latter using bitdefender engine and signature database of added better seek and destroy of viruses and malware.

2. In my experience laptops generally run around 55 to 60 degrees Celsius when its not doing much thus gaming will push to easily 79 to 90 degrees celsius. As far as i know laptops should at worst not exceed 95 degrees and high 80s is best temp with regard to laptops. So 98 degrees is worrying i suggest halting gaming for now which i know sucks big time but no use damaging a i7 chip regardless whether is its an old chip or not.

3. I have never used thermal pads but only paste which require curing period to reach full heat dissipating operation.

4. Also some fan maintenance ie. cleaning of the fan should help.

Solution