Overheating iPod Stops Commuter Train in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Oh well might come in handy to have one this winter when I am flat broke again and with out electric. Jokes aside better not overheat one of these iCrap since they use lithium polymer batteries. That when they are overheated vent gases and become highly flammable which can cause injury if on person. We all still remember those exploding laptops.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]Hmmm I've had the same iPod pictured for almost 4 years...never had a heat problem o_O[/citation]

maybe they were listening it wrong....

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
It happened because the music the passenger was listening was not approved by the manufacturer. Do not test the wrath of the Appp... manufacturer.

G

One thing many people fail to understand is, its a batch problem. Engineering will be good so will be the design. But the exact reason will remain unknown as to why apple is using so much varied technology from batch to batch. Either way, i dont mind throwing the burning iFire device on steve's face and then telling him. You were standing wrong.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
They need to cross reference what songs were being played at the time of the combustion, then Apple can send notices to those bands telling them they are singing it wrong...
...on the other hand, if it turned out they were all playing Lady GaGa songs it would only support my personal convictions.

blackbeastofaaaaagh

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Delayed a TRAIN in JAPAN!!! Oh, the horror.

There trains must maintain schedule at any cost. Even a mother's plea to stop a train, after she was separated from her infant while boarding, got little sympathy from rail officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.