Overheating problemas please help!!

gojirage1

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
Hello guys im having a very strange and annoying problem its starting to hurt my brain, my 2 year old laptop started overheating about 2 weeks ago its never had any problem before that. So I opened it clean everything and put in some new thermal paste......no fix still overheats, so then I played to get the heatsink and fan replaced it cost me a lot of money so I said I didn't want any further testing done due to not having much money at the moment I would like to know the problem but I'm lost I will add some info of strange things I noticed when the problem started to happen.

The fan doesn't seem to be working properly sometimes when I turn on the laptop it starts just fine and then stops and only kicks in at high bursts it has never done that I know some will say its normal but in 2 years it has never ever done this the sound it makes is very strange its like its in distress the short bursts last for 3-5 seconds and are pretty loud the laptop had gone up to 90°c never done this either use to keep very chill its a good laptop not super high end but good enough.

I7 2.4ghz - 3.1ghz
8gb ram
Nvidia 840m

If needed I can put in full specs. I hope someone can help me out I spent €900 on this laptop and really don't want to just have it sit in a corner and die.

gojirage1

Commendable
Oct 19, 2016
ok so quick update i got my pc back from repair and it seems to be fine now temp is at 40-50c seems times goes higher but only for a few seconds i was thinking of updating the BIOS but im worried i cant find the exact file to download seeing i cant find my laptop model which is K450J what should i do?