Panasonic Debuts Goofy Ear-Mounted GoPro Rival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroplanetz

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
I'm not buying into 4k cameras until 4k tvs and 4k monitors come way down in price. Like to where 1080p is sitting now. Its almost pointless to shoot 4k and not beable to view it in 4k. Plus if it did 120fps then we're talking. Otherwise my gopro 3 black is just fine.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
I think the design motivation behind this ear-mount setup was to reduce paralax between the wearer's view and what the camera sees. I have seen plenty of head mounted GoPro vids where all you see is the ground cause they mounted the camera at the wrong angle.Interesting idea, and kudos to Panasonic for trying something different, not just putting a cam in a small box. It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Yeah, Just imagine how that video of the tennis match would look.How do you see the huge 1.5" screen while you are recording if it's strapped to your arm?The camera looks like it's embedded in his cheek no chance of sweat being a problem there.

itsnotmeitsyou

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Yeah, Just imagine how that video of the tennis match would look.How do you see the huge 1.5"
As opposed to the back of a GoPro stuck on the top of your helmet? Strapped to your chest? This aint a camcorder, its an action cam. All you need to see is the start button, maybe how much battery and recording time you have left. Panasonics tough cams are waterproof to over 10m. Pretty sure they can make something sweatproof.

genz

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
I'm not buying into 4k cameras until 4k tvs and 4k monitors come way down in price. Like to where 1080p is sitting now. Its almost pointless to shoot 4k and not beable to view it in 4k. Plus if it did 120fps then we're talking. Otherwise my gopro 3 black is just fine.
God forbid that you might want to have a 4k screen in the future... how do you plan to magically upscale all of your footage?

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
God forbid that you might want to have a 4k screen in the future... how do you plan to magically upscale all of your footage?
GoPro Hero3+ Black does 4k video although only at 15fps.

Peter Rafeiner

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
When those monitors finally become affordable you will kick yourself that you do not have Baby's first steps in 4k... can not re-shoot that !

Status
Not open for further replies.