Panasonic Plasma TV not turning on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
My Panasonic Plasma TV is not turning on.

The Model Number:

- TC-P42S30

Symptoms:

- Not turning on

- Constant clicking sounds when the TV is plugged in. (The sound of a TV turning on and off again) About 15 second delay between the clicks

- Sometimes when i press the power button a couple of times, the LED light turns on. There is no blinking it just stays on. Even after the clicking sound of the TV turning off and on. It only goes away when i take the TV's power plug out

Everything

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Is there any way to be sure? i dont want to order the parts and have it not work. And what do you think broke the power supply i have had the TV since 2011, its only been 2 years.

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011

No real way to be sure with out having the TV serviced. The fact is there are many things that could have gone out and no real way of knowing for sure without having it tested by a qualified service tech.

Panasonic Plasma's have a built in diagnostic code in the for of the power on LED blink codes for some things that can go wrong. But since your's is not doing that you are going to have to have it serviced. Plus unlike a computer replacing the power board is not as straight foreword or as simple and the risk of electric shock is very real. Unless you are qualified to repair them it is best to not even open the back on top of the fact that being a Plasma TV you can't lay it down to even work on it.

I know when one of the three fan's died on my Panasonic 50" Plasma the power on LED would blink 8 times and then repeat. After downloading the tech manual for it I was able to find the problem and order fans for it. But in your case there are no diagnostic code to go by.

dionnec

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
Same problème 30 monts tv fail ,my live Montréal QC Canada .My call Office protection consommateur and Panasonic and Costco .Panasonic waranty is 1 years Costco extended to 2 years .My call Costco for repair my tv to waranty legal and costco no problem repair my tv free or refund money. Because the costomer no choice to Canada Quebec is protection consumer is logic normal use tv minimum 3 to 5 years .Excuse the site is french http://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/consommateur/sujet/garantie/garanties/application/application-legale/

Francis Nadeau

Estimable
Mar 21, 2015
Hey salut Je suis de québec jai le même problème avec ma tv j'aimerais savoir comment exactement tu as procéder avec cosco pour faire valoir ta garantie tu t'ai présenté directement labas? svp revient moi je suis un peu déserpérer je suis prêt a te donner mon numéro de cellulaire pour tu puisse m'expliquer comment tu as procéder merci.

Status
Not open for further replies.