Panasonic Ships MASSIVE 11x6 Foot 3D TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Would be nice to come with a mounting kit.
Then again how heavy is this and the price will probably be around the house downpayment.

*house in California and not texas, for example
**Jane, that is not a sailor suit

G

Get a mortgage on a house or a TV? Hmmmm, that is a hard one.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
You are going to need to hire a contractor to tell you if your foundation can support that...not to mention how the hell do you get it in the house? If its 11' long, theres a good chance your going to run into some issues...

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
[citation][nom]Transmaniacon[/nom]You are going to need to hire a contractor to tell you if your foundation can support that...not to mention how the hell do you get it in the house? If its 11' long, theres a good chance your going to run into some issues...[/citation]

Good point, looks like this thing would either require you to take down a wall, or even build a house around the thing lol

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I'm sure that at the cost the TV is going to sell for, the houses involved will be large enough to have an 11' wall and get it there.

Also, it won't really be that heavy. My 55" LED is about 44 lbs. My 60" plasma is 200 lbs and both are wall mounted. Based on a straight weight to area ratio an 11' x 6' TV should weight 265 lbs. Easily wall mounted.

While I don't plan on a 3D TV anytime soon, the shear size of this tv makes it attractive.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2008
[citation][nom]waylander[/nom]I'm sure that at the cost the TV is going to sell for, the houses involved will be large enough to have an 11' wall and get it there.Also, it won't really be that heavy. My 55" LED is about 44 lbs. My 60" plasma is 200 lbs and both are wall mounted. Based on a straight weight to area ratio an 11' x 6' TV should weight 265 lbs. Easily wall mounted.While I don't plan on a 3D TV anytime soon, the shear size of this tv makes it attractive.[/citation]

This TV is essentially 12' from corner to corner, your 5' corner to corner plasma weighs 200 pounds, so this TV should be in the ballpark of 500 pounds...

t0r012

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
good I'm just finishing my family room remodel and our plan literally has written on it , big-ass TV. This fits the bill nicely. Glad I didn't buy that measly little 60" I saw on sale the other day.
So I have the space now all I need is the GDP of a third world nation to buy it.

hmmm.... wonder if my crossfire 4850's could game on it.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]t0r012[/nom]good I'm just finishing my family room remodel and our plan literally has written on it , big-ass TV. This fits the bill nicely. Glad I didn't buy that measly little 60" I saw on sale the other day. So I have the space now all I need is the GDP of a third world nation to buy it.hmmm.... wonder if my crossfire 4850's could game on it.[/citation]

Haha, we just moved and our plan the whole time we were wrapping up things at the old place was, 'big-ass TV.' It was my mantra when things got really busy and stressful!!

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I actually saw the 103 inch TV at a store in Kobe. It was huge! Judging from that, though, the 152 would still be no problem to get in a house. Well, in fact the article states 6 feet tall. Most door ways are over that. Now, navigating a narrow hallway or staircase may be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.