Solved! [ Panasonic Viera TC-32LX85]

88malice

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
I bought a used Panasonic Viera TC-32LX85 television from a friend. He told me before that the last time he tried it the t.v. wouldn't turn on, but since he moved he tried it on his PS3 and he said it came on perfectly. When I got it home it worked great, at first i had to use the S-video slot until i could go to the store and get an HDMI to Dvi converter so i could plug it up to my computer. After I got the converter and played a few games on it (looked amazing and worked great) for about 3 or 4 hours, then it randomly started turning on and off for about 30 minutes, i unplugged it and waited awhile then retried it, still did the same thing. I'v looked online but havn't had much help, so before I go pay to have it looked at, does anyone know what it could be? The only help I had were a few posts talking about it's capcitors or whatever could have been messed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
There is an urgent firmware upgrade for this unit that should correct your issue. I do say should, because you could have a bad mainboard, but I have had a handful of these brought back with firmware.

Call Panasonic to request the SD card containing the update.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
There is an urgent firmware upgrade for this unit that should correct your issue. I do say should, because you could have a bad mainboard, but I have had a handful of these brought back with firmware.

Call Panasonic to request the SD card containing the update.

Solution