Parrot AR.Drone Now Available for Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
The question is, how long can it stay in flight? 3 minute? 2 hours? If it can actually last more than ten minutes I'll be surprised, if it can last more than thirty I'd consider buying one.

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]polly the parrot[/nom]Most copters I've gotten have never been in the air for more than 10 seconds...[/citation]
Is that 'cause you shoot it? :D

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Fetal[/nom]... and this in only for CrApple?[/citation]

AWWWWwwwww.... I hate that blue fruit.. green or red is MUCH better.

yrmoma

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Fetal[/nom]... and this in only for CrApple?[/citation]
"The video feed is streamed over WiFi to an iOS device running the remote control app."

If one were to read the article, you'd easily figure out that, yes, it is only for Apple. But, that's simple reading and processing that information, and from your comment, I can clearly see you do not have this ability.

And because all the fanbois will not like this I'll say this: I've never owned an apple product, and probably never will. But this unrelenting hate for anything, be it good or bad, is really out of hand.

Skid

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]If it ran on Android too I might consider buying one.[/citation]

I concur, besides, they are really limiting there mark share by forcing people to use one type of product, why can't we control it from our PCs? If it runs over WiFi there no reason it can't be routed to a computer or laptop.

G

If these have fair battery life and signal strength, with the cameras on these, they may be good for paparazzi.

kenwheeler77

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]The question is, how long can it stay in flight? 3 minute? 2 hours? If it can actually last more than ten minutes I'll be surprised, if it can last more than thirty I'd consider buying one.[/citation]

You obviously don't know how to use google. Here, let me google that for you.

http://tinyurl.com/33vew7g

1paladin

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
I also would like to see Android support. My Evo's 4.3" screen would really be sweet with that video stream.

I have nothing against the iPhone but PLEASE support Android. With 200,000 new Android devices activated each day there are a lot of devices out there that could attach to your Drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.