Password Recovery Bug Puts PSN Users at Risk

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Why even asking a date of birth... seriously, Sony didn't learn anything from the last events...

It should be a security question like what is the name of the first street you lived on... you know... it is logical, so my idea is not going to be used...

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Damn. Cant we all just play what the hell we want to play without everrybody getting so upity? Yeah I play on a PS3, and I preffer that to a gaming pc. But if thats what you use, good for you. I cant very well stand up for Sony, but its not ALL there fault(well maybe this latest problem). Console's are here to stay, thats a simple fact. So are high end gamming pc's, and thats OK too.It seems to be human nature to need to declair that my whatever is better than your whatever. Who cares, I mean really. Is anyone under the impression that by making fun of the other guys set-up your going to suddenly convince them of the error of there ways, and convert them to what you believe to be the better system? And even if you did, do you really feel better after that? Can you now think of yourself as a better person?? Why the hell should it matter. I guess I just don't get it. Rate me down all you want but your just proving my point. And by the way, what is up with thumb system. If your never going to fix it correctly, why havent you just removed it.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Here I'll help you out. Why not make it so that to change password you need a click inside a confirmation e-mail. Just make this ASAP and everything will be ok. GL

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
This vulnerability only effects users attempting to reset their passwords via the Playstation.com website. It does not effect users who update their passwords via their Playstation console or the PSN directly from the PS3.

iNiNe5

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
[citation][nom]ricdiculus[/nom]Damn. Cant we all just play what the hell we want to play without everrybody getting so upity? Yeah I play on a PS3, and I preffer that to a gaming pc. But if thats what you use, good for you. I cant very well stand up for Sony, but its not ALL there fault(well maybe this latest problem). Console's are here to stay, thats a simple fact. So are high end gamming pc's, and thats OK too.It seems to be human nature to need to declair that my whatever is better than your whatever. Who cares, I mean really. Is anyone under the impression that by making fun of the other guys set-up your going to suddenly convince them of the error of there ways, and convert them to what you believe to be the better system? And even if you did, do you really feel better after that? Can you now think of yourself as a better person?? Why the hell should it matter. I guess I just don't get it. Rate me down all you want but your just proving my point. And by the way, what is up with thumb system. If your never going to fix it correctly, why havent you just removed it.[/citation]

you ever hear of the concept of religion where my god is right and your god is wrong and it is my duty to: 1. convert you to my god to save your soul or 2. destroy you? Same thing here in PCs vs. Consoles....

pythonic13

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
lololololol I have never even seen a password recovery like that, usually through the click on link in email trick lmao sony please f**k up more your rep needs it

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
@ricdiculus

Just because i preffer something doesnt mean i think its better then everything else just because i preffer it. I am able to say what i like isnt better. Like i preffer AMD it has strong points that work better for me but over all Intel is better right now. Consoles are fine for some games like sports games to give an example but PC are much better for fps. since i hate sports games consoles are crap to me :)

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I gave up on Sony when it stopped production of their excellent shortwave radio products line...now they have but one offering the ICF-SW7600GR and it probably won't be around much longer . After all it is passe technology....right?
But what happens when.... yes, WHEN the cell/ wired world comes crashing down some day in the near future..., wireless HF (Amateur/HAM) radio will still be working. While all the masses will be staring with futility at their iphones and such.

G

how do they get the new password? its sent to the email isnt it? they dont have the email password.

particleman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
I am certainly ticked off at Sony the way they have handled this. Got my CC changed, changed tons of passwords to ensure no accounts would be attacked. I have not yet updated, because I want to fully read the EULA to make sure they dont put that clause in there that you cannot be part of a class action. Stupid Supreme Court.

I love my PS3, not as much as my PC though. PC will aways be better since it can be upgraded as new titles come about. My main reason for my PS3 was media hub, blu-ray, netflix streaming to my tv and proprietary titles (GOW, Gran Turismo).

Crysis 2 on PC > Crysis 2 PS3......always will be......period.

-PM

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
(sung to the wizard of oz tune performed by the munchkins after dorothy's house is dropped on the wicked witch)
ding dong the play stations are gone, sing it high sing it long,
ding on the wicked play stations are gone,
which is next
oh i hope it's kinect,
kinectXbox
ding dong which is next to be gone sing it high sing it long
ding dong the consoles are gone,
down below, below below below where the hackers go,
ding dong the consoles are gone with the wicked fix, the great old fix, it's a wicked fix,
ding dong the play station is gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.