password works part time

semi_1962

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Can anybody explain why my password works perfect in safe mode when I select system recovery options?
The same password comes up with a error on the log on page not using safe mode

semi_1962

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Yes I'm a 100% sure I'm on the correct user in both sections I put in my post & 100% sure I typed my same password in both. In safe mode - recovery system the other user profile isn't the administrator the name is MoneyGroupUser$ which I have no idea who or where it came from. My theory is it is there by me missing a step when I originally tried to remove the malware problem I was dealing with

OK, not we have some background, you have malware or a virus. That user account is a bit odd, what could have easily happened is that while you were logged on with the virus it changed your administrator password and setup the secondary hidden account to use.

The issue is that the user the password worked with is NOT administrator, it's that MoneyGroupUser, just as I thought. If you were using the same user and password in one place, it would work in another. Try entering that username the password works with in Windows login.

semi_1962

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016

When in safe mode using system recovery I select MGU$ & try my password but get the username or password is incorrect but if I select my profile same password it lets me go further. if I start laptop like everything is normal my user name comes up type in my password that's where it won't work and I can't change the user on login screen. I'm very sure when I missed the one step removing the virus or malware you buried itself somewhere else and change the administrator's name to money group user. so I'm thinking that I am pretty much screwed