Patent Deflection: Motoroogle About Facebook, Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Article stating the obvious. This hypothesis was online for a few days, even on non-tech websites.
We all know how much Gruener loves Apple, and this article reeks of sour grapes. Sorry, buddy, I am pretty sure if Apple would have bought Motorola your article would have been filled with praises of their wisdom. And no Motorapple remarks, either.
The conclusion of the article is obvious and has been speculated for a while, as said before. Gruener is right, just late to the table. One caveat, though: I don't believe that this acquisition will be the one to limit Android fragmentation; Google has been on this case already, as the upcoming 4.0 is supposed to address this issue. Google can not limit their hardware compatibility to Motorola, it will shoot itself in the foot. Instead, they will continue to cover the other hardware platforms, from HTC and Samsung, to ensure the market domination. I hope Android will come up with a generic driver scheme, and specific manufacturers can deploy their optimized drivers for their devices as an option for consumers.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Forgot to mention, Motorola makes pretty good hardware, anyone remember Razr? They dropped the ball with bootloader-locked phones lately, but if Google is true to it's open-platform OS, that will get fixed really soon. Also, may I suggest to drop that awful Motoblur UI? Plain vanilla Android is sooo much better.

selloutjoe

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
A fair analysis, but don't forgot that google sits on a massive amount of dark fiber cable, adding the tools to run multiple network backbones,etc, in the USA.....etc.... mobile tied to a free wireless google network running google's clouds would make Amazon's kindle network look like a baby toy. The recent IBM patent buy hints of bigger mainframes being added to the mix in gov cloud and banks deals. A strong IBM and Google alliance could change the java issue in the business world, Plus HP is at war with Oracle. Sony needs to rethink its network alliance and join google as a main partner in the consumer wireless network products development. Motorola could easily function like Intel in development prototyping circuit boards for advance phones, saving OEMs a lot of investment.=,etc....

law shay

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Forgot to mention, Motorola makes pretty good hardware, anyone remember Razr? They dropped the ball with bootloader-locked phones lately, but if Google is true to it's open-platform OS, that will get fixed really soon. Also, may I suggest to drop that awful Motoblur UI? Plain vanilla Android is sooo much better.[/citation]
It is fixed now.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Still of it all is based on ideas more then not that of the interest there is a place for more of it given its own base to say to be not so "dependant" upon its intial interests to say.

Why to say buy Motorola for it, does not make its place at times for it though. Even though on some ideas it is probably fairly interesting of it though, probably does just find that for what that is, rather actually of being that.

But of it though is the interest of issues of what might be of lack/absence to say of what is considered a lose from any idea of use with or without to say. So again at times rather of anything be made additional to others is probably based on what this might be as in terms of what can or not need be found of say use or lose. Some thoughts might include no lose.

This may pretain to its own issue for say the interest of what is of say topic of interest. Where and why, who knows. Otherwise benefit of additional access of say resources should find a interest.

For devices is anyones guess to say of course with it all, but again does base a single interest at times though with the thought of just a use within a say single interest. Right now, I don't know a Google device to use, Google, yes? the search engine, services, and say of like.

It may be of interest for use of Google for some ideas Google does have, yes? But of them though what does it cover for whats already there?

Still of it though is the idea of interest for what Google and say its partners and additional interest say within competitors and partners on ideas of where in incline or the such of ideas of patents within it all would be or not be at anytime or just a general interest of ideas.

Given of course as said or of say may sound of that of probably no change or interest for such other then conitnued interest for place of it where it might be at.For whatever that might be for it when it comes to any.

So it though at time be only that of what any interest would or wouldn't be for anything at anytime.

So again within it all is the basis of that at anytime again for what those would be and be of for an incling interest of what is there.

As for Cloud based interests, is probably variant of course, and probably does incline again, ideas of interest. Yes??

But of it though for the many interests of things probably does find its interest. Some ideas of patents may also place that even for them, might place just the idea of a few things as well too. But numbers of numbers still should be its place of what is still inclined for the interest.

Rather of thought does vary of course but still, in it all does place the interest of what might be going or not with that of many things at some decent or if not say a decent sum of money.

Of it though is still what is in context of it before and after that within it. So, should find its interest of course but be of that though as well, if there.

As for additional interests of course does probably find an interest maybe within it all, or of within for what those interests would be/from be?? And how they might pretain to all within in all at anyone time, and of course what say changes within interest for it as well for what might (be/have) of further interest then/and before.

Still otherwise of it the most is probably that of what is still based for what is included for an interest and needed/wanted. And what any "Patent Deflection" might have to do with it.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I simply think that we already have a prior case here of HP buying Palm and not ending up too well ahead. If they make a mistake, Google can be a 2nd HP - not getting anywhere with the purchased IP.

G

[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Article stating the obvious. This hypothesis was online for a few days, even on non-tech websites.We all know how much Gruener loves Apple, and this article reeks of sour grapes. Sorry, buddy, I am pretty sure if Apple would have bought Motorola your article would have been filled with praises of their wisdom. And no Motorapple remarks, either.The conclusion of the article is obvious and has been speculated for a while, as said before. Gruener is right, just late to the table. One caveat, though: I don't believe that this acquisition will be the one to limit Android fragmentation; Google has been on this case already, as the upcoming 4.0 is supposed to address this issue. Google can not limit their hardware compatibility to Motorola, it will shoot itself in the foot. Instead, they will continue to cover the other hardware platforms, from HTC and Samsung, to ensure the market domination. I hope Android will come up with a generic driver scheme, and specific manufacturers can deploy their optimized drivers for their devices as an option for consumers.[/citation]

It wasn't always like this. Since Gruener's children have grown a bit, he bought them all ipads and I suspect he started to see some value in Apple as his kids appreciated the apple gadgets.

leper84

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
[citation][nom]K-zon[/nom]lalalalala[/citation]

Wow dude. At first your posts were more than irritating to me, but now somehow I'm actually growing fond of them; regardless if I can understand what this s**t you're saying or not.

Let me ask honestly, is english a first or second language to you?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
@ k-zon:

Dude, you either need to stop using some auto-translate feature, or you need to start taking your pills.
Better yet, just post in your native language; whomever understands it might read it. 'Cause right now, nobody understands you. And I mean nobody.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]K-zon[/nom]TROLOLOLOOO[/citation]He's the secret ringleader of all the spammers. Do not anger him!! XD

On Topic: I'm interested in seeing how Google's relationship with Motorola might be different (more involved) than with Samsung and the Nexus devices. Will they pick up the Nexus line? I can't wait to see a Moto quad-core LTE "Nexus Ultima" with Android 4.0!!!

jungleboogiemonster

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Wonder when Google will buy AT&T or Verizon to acquire landlines, backbones and spectrums to further their ability to have control over every aspect of their business?

ansar

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
All this cloud talk to me is just gibberish until you figure out how to get around the telco's bandwidth caps. I guess wifi hotspots might due for awhile, but I don't see true cloud acceptance until you can really access it from anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.