Patent Troll Data Carriers Sues Another 24 Victims

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]donotgetit[/nom]Shouldn't this patent have expired by now? It was filed over 20 years ago and granted over 17 years ago.[/citation]

Regardless of patent laws, there are now IP laws in place that keep companies as owning the designs and ideas (as "intellectual property") perpetually, thanks to DMCA.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]Regardless of patent laws, there are now IP laws in place that keep companies as owning the designs and ideas (as "intellectual property") perpetually, thanks to DMCA.[/citation]

Bloody DMCA screwing everything up!

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Good people get killed everyday over piddly little crap like the colors they wear or for their shoes, shoot, they get killed while being robbed for as little as $20! How are these maggots allowed to live?!

G

This isn't specific enough to even pass to be a patient, theres no specifications, diameters, programing launage, measurements, or any thoughtfulness put into this "patient" OR I would patient people proactively attending schools for $45 a day for every day you go, and youd have to go because of governing laws.. It's so rediculious for someone to even write a patient like this one. This is so broad, that it wasn't even made by someone nearly technical enough to even to do any programming. It's writen by someone who thinks they made an idea, but if you were to sit them down in front of a computer, they wouldn't be able to write more than ten lines of code, where programs can easly reach thousands to millions of lines of code interworking together with each other. This is just assigning none sense. LOL.secondly, you can't have a monoply, and thats what this is. its basicly taxing an entire industry for desiging something for it that data carriers didn't even design in the first place. It's like walking inthe MIcrosoft head quarters and going, i designed windows, your so rediculous, and smoking so many drugs, your messed up. you haven't even started to fathum the amount of work you'd need to do. AND THIRDLY, I wrote this patient, not data carriers. I'm sueing data carriers once they win this patient infridgement with my twin brother (LOL @ FACEBOOK).

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
theft:
1.the act of stealing; the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another; larceny.
2.an instance of this.
3.Archaic . something stolen.

symantech invents something everybody steals it, rich lawyer guys Data Carriers, buys patent goes after thieves in court.
if one does not like patent trolls then i guess Data Carriers can issue a cease and desist order by a judge and have all these features removed from said offending thieves.
i'm sure communist douglas perry would enjoy that just fine.
but that's not how business works, nor is it how the law works in america.
go move to communist china mr perry.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I wouldn't necessarily say that the patent system is broken it is after all well over 100yrs old. It just hasn't kept pace with the times. What it does need though is a major overhaul, and updating to fit the modern era. There definitely needs to be some kind of period where once a patent is traded to a company with no history until the time the patent was acquired like with this company they are not allowed to sue anyone, and that patents like this are made void since it has become a standard feature in many products and services. Look at the rubber tubeless tire it's used on just about ever wheeled vehicle/cart and even some bikes, yet the original inventor/company isn't suing anyone, car radio's are the same way, CRT's are another example. There are technologies that helped a company make it's mark and they did defend their patents for a while, but now those technologies are mainstream and are more like a set of protocols than an individual feature.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]theft:1.the act of stealing; the wrongful taking and carrying away of the personal goods or property of another; larceny.2.an instance of this.3.Archaic . something stolen.symantech invents something everybody steals it, rich lawyer guys Data Carriers, buys patent goes after thieves in court. if one does not like patent trolls then i guess Data Carriers can issue a cease and desist order by a judge and have all these features removed from said offending thieves.i'm sure communist douglas perry would enjoy that just fine.but that's not how business works, nor is it how the law works in america.go move to communist china mr perry.[/citation]

By your own definition other tech firms did not steal since goods were not taken and carried away.
Second, criticizing a broken patent system does not make one a communist. I don't think you understand what communism is.
Third, please get neutered.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]The answers you seek are here[/nom]Patent system fine.Tech firms broken.Code not tangible.[/citation]

Patent system is broken. Which allows Tech firms to be willingly broken because it is profitable to be so.

Take games for example. If there is an exploit and people abuse it, the developers should patch it because the game is broken. Not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.