andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Hi all,now i am not sure if this is in the right section so iam sorry if it is not.I have a old Thrustmaster FFB Racing Wheel,now i have downloaded the latest driver from the Thrustmaster site(which happens to be a 2007 driver) but its for vista 32bit and 64 bit. Now i am running windows 7 64bit and when i come to install the driver my PC crashes every time at the same place. I click on the driver package and follow all the instructions,then it prompts me to plug in device and then click ok. When i do that,about 2 or 3 seconds after my pc crashes. Do any of you guys have any ideas please,i would be very gratfull of any advice.
Many thanks.

al man

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Sounds like a bug... try running it in compatibilty mode (right click, properties), & see if that helps.

Try running it as admin (right click too).

If that doesn't work, try disabling other apps on startup (MSCONFIG) there's a chance another app is conflicting with it (you might want to make a list of the things you're unchecking), if you get it working, then, culprit's among those items.

Otherwise, & I hate saying this, you might need to contact the developer & let them know about it. They might come up with a fix.

Let me know how you make out!