Pc harddrive issue

Djgeek

Estimable
May 21, 2015
Hey all
I have a seagate 250 gb barracuda 7200
Harddrive... Unfortunately i lost its pcb or media card...i had another seagate 320 gb barracuda so i tried putting its pcb on the 250 just to get my data back or to recover my data
It turns on but the pc doesnt detects it...does any one have a solution...
Please help me i just need my data back ...
Thank you in advance

Solution
Most, if not all hard drives cannot have their PCB's just swapped between different models. Even two different drives from the same model may not work when switching the PCB as it stores specific data regarding that drive. It's some sort of calibration thing if you want to look at it that way. There's nothing you can do on your own even if you find another matching PCB. You'll most likely have to go for professional recovery services.

CircuitDaemon

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
Most, if not all hard drives cannot have their PCB's just swapped between different models. Even two different drives from the same model may not work when switching the PCB as it stores specific data regarding that drive. It's some sort of calibration thing if you want to look at it that way. There's nothing you can do on your own even if you find another matching PCB. You'll most likely have to go for professional recovery services.

Solution