PC Makers Have Spoken: The Vive Is the VR Headset to Get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felixander

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
The Vive always had that "pushing the frontier" feeling; no compromises, no pussyfooting - just daring, full-force forward storming into room-scale VR, motion controllers blazing. We've passed the point of no return, let's just keep going and see what happens. Exciting times lie ahead.

katestrophe

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
The Vive is best because PC hardware manufacturers from Taiwan favored the VR headset from Taiwan while demonstrating their wares at a trade show in Taiwan?

I see.

I agree though, HTC certainly offers a more compelling experience at the time of writing. Whether or not that continues with future hardware revisions remains to be seen.

The playing field is level now. Generation two will offer a better idea of how innovative the companies truly are.

September is the third Oculus Connect, by the way, not the second. There may even be big announcements elsewhere in the interim. E3, for example, is next week.

That seems like a more suitable time to plant an early flag on the VR battlefield, don't you think?

Gerald_Terveen

Commendable
Jun 7, 2016
The second Connect has happened last year and I have not heard about a Connect this year so far ... so I am curious if there will be one!

Bob Oblong

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Valve may have hopped on the bandwidth for the hardware, but they sure could care less about software quality control. Steam's store is littered with shovelware not fit to install on a phone. Oculus and Vive are both paperweights if the selection boils down to cashcow scammers selling you popular games like, "There's Poop In My Soup". Sony, on the other hand, is pulling in all their favors to have studios produce quality VR titles for their lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.