Pc shuts down when Gaming with Keyboard

Traxdata788

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
Helllo,
so today I got a really strange issue that I would love to solve with you guys,
So after a lot of tough work I finally removed the dust stuck on my laptop's cooler, replaced the thermal paste and cleaned it very well from inside, it was a really hard job especially with such a huge laptop which is a Qosmio X300-14K (I know it's a very old gaming laptop)
So when I tested some games, first was Tomb Raider (2013) and tried it with a keyboard and mouse, the pc has shut down after a few moments of playing even if the temperature is not hot at all ! And when I tried with a Pc controller, it didn't shut down after like 4 straight hours of playing, and then I tried to remove the laptop's keyboard and mouse and try external ones, and the pc has shut down again ! I even tried on low depending games such as League Of Legends.
But what I found out is that playing any game with only a Mouse isn't a problem, but with a keyboard it leads to a shutdown, like playing, and boop, laptop's screen goes black and pc shuts down.
And also Prince of Persia shuts down even when using a controller, man, that's really really weird !
So please, if anyone can help me with a useful answer it will be very appreciated, I really want to get back to League, and CS:GO
Have a nice day lads.
PS: The computer's configuration if anyone is wondering:
2xNvidia GeForce 9800M Gts (SLI) (512MBx2=1024MB GDDR3)
Intel Core 2 Extreme Q9300 Quad core (2.4GHZ)
4GB Ram DDR3

Ahh... Tomb Raider.. haven't played in forever. I still have the originals around here somewhere.

Did you check to make sure nothing was disconnected, knocked loose or damaged when you were in there cleaning?

Also, have you been checking the temps since you did all the work?

Traxdata788

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
Hello, thank you for answering, but I tried everything possible, nothing was damaged, and everything was put in place, and yes, I've checked the temps, never gone over 60 and it was completly fine.
Have a good day.

Traxdata788

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016

Thank you, but still no change :/