PC surround sound not working

HoldmysunnyD

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
Hello,

I just set up my system with a new motherboard, which carries Realtek HD audio. I tried plugging in my Logitech Z5500 into my system, and I can only get sound output on the left and right front speakers during output tests (both in the realtek hd manager and in the windows speaker configurator). The center, rear left, rear right, and subwoofer are not generating any output. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition. I have checked the wires to the speakers and they are all secure.

HoldmysunnyD

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

I don't see an option to click surround sound. The speaker configuration in real is set to 5.1 speaker. The rear channel and sub are plugged into the right colors. I tried swapping them to no avail

boju

Distinguished
if you open up windows sound and going to playback devices, click on speakers icon. Will have realtek high definition audio as default device. Click on that and click configure.

Do you have a selection for 5.1 here?

boju

Distinguished
Windows sound manager: playback devices - notice configure lower left corner.
hardware-sound-windows7.jpg

speaker configuration:
surround_sound_hs_win7_2.jpg

Realtek audio manager will have similar settings if you click on speakers icon that will change window's settings as well. Not sure about real player.

HoldmysunnyD

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013

It is set to 5.1 in windows audio device manager and realtek audio manager. Clicking on the speakers yields no sound except for left and right.

ams10

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
I had this problem with my 5.1 and I searched for the answers everywhere. Nothing worked for me. I had changed the jacks, switched environment into room mode. Nothing worked. When you change environment into room it will play all the sound in the configure tab. But those sounds are not exactly from the right speaker. Even if we only connected via one cable,ie 2.1 it will play all test sounds, which means the system is not surround actually. I ended up with this and was thinking not to play via 5.1, instead just use 2.1. But I finally found a real solution which worked for me. CONNECT ALL WIRES CORRECTLY. Instead of turning the speaker system into 5.1 just keep it in thr initial condition when it is on. You dont have to change any settings. Just turn on yhr speakers. It worked for me and I'm very happy now. You dont want to change the environment too.. perfectly working. I hope this will help.. sorry for my bad english. Try this method. Thank you !!