Solved! Pc tv sound bar connection issues

Nov 1, 2021
I have a pc with a hdmi and a display port inputs i also have a display port to hdmi adapter a tv with hdmi input and optical, no arc though and a sound bar with optical and hdmi input and hdmi arc output.
I cant get anything other than 2 channel to output though. What am i doing wrong or connecting the wrong way?
I have hdmi from pc to tv and optical from tv to sound bar

There is spdif on the pc but i believe the port is broken.

I would ideally like to have the tv display what i am playing on the pc(tv is the monitor for my pc) and the vizio 5.1 sound bar with wireless sub woofer output all sound from tv/pc, and in 5.1 or anything other than 2 channel.

Can i achieve this somehow?
I havent had any luck or success.

Nov 1, 2021
I have a pc with a hdmi and a display port inputs i also have a display port to hdmi adapter a tv with hdmi input and optical, no arc though and a sound bar with optical and hdmi input and hdmi arc output.
I cant get anything other than 2 channel to output though. What am i doing wrong or connecting the wrong way?
I have hdmi from pc to tv and optical from tv to sound bar

There is spdif on the pc but i believe the port is broken.

I would ideally like to have the tv display what i am playing on the pc(tv is the monitor for my pc) and the vizio 5.1 sound bar with wireless sub woofer output all sound from tv/pc, and in 5.1 or anything other than 2 channel.

Can i achieve this somehow?
I havent had any luck or success.

How are you connecting things? From the sound of what you have, it would be PC HDMI to SoundBar HDMI input, SoundBar HDMI output to TV HDMI input. You may need to look at the manual to the soundbar if you need to set anything special for surround sound. Also did you make sure that the source you are playing is has actual 5.1 sound? The rear speakers don't work at all?

Nov 1, 2021
currently ik have a pc with a hdmi port and a display p[ort on the sound card/ graphic card?
i have a hdmi from the pc to hdmi input on my tv
then i have an optical cable running from my tv to my soundbar
should i also have an hdmi cable from my tv to sound bar aswell?

or should i be going with hdmi from pc to soundbar
and optical and hdmi from my soundbar to my tv?

i have a vizio soundbar that comes with a wireless subwoofer and 2 small satellite speakers it has hdmi optical and hdmi arc out put. no other device i have has arc though

i also have a denon avr s700w avr that isnt being used i thought it wouldnt be necessary or should i be running everything through that?

thanks