Pc won't load windows

Badjuras

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Hello guys.

First of all, as i'm a new guy here i hope you apologize me for any mistake you see.

My problem started a few days ago, when my laptop simply doesn't load windows. It resets before reaching the windows 7 logo and keeps doing this over and over again.

I checked the bios to see if the hdd was recognized and it is shown there. So i decided to take the hdd out and connect it to my desktop. To my surprise the hdd is totally ok and so i backed up all the necessary files. However i set up the bios in the desktop to boot the damaged hdd and just like what happened in the laptop it doesn't load windows.

Yesterday i grabbed an usb and made it into a bootable usb with windows 7. I couldn't format the hdd because an error occurred.

a0dv5cc53

My laptop is a asus k50in. If there's any additional information you need, just tell me. I'm totally desperated for a solution since i have exams by the end of the week and i really need the pc

Sounds like your windows partition is corrupted, opposed to the HDD itself (ie it can be used as an HDD, just not bootable).

Try to enter your recovery partition. Sounds like it's F11 on an ASUS laptop. If you have backed up your data, you should be able to use the partition to restore to factory settings.

Try to boot in safe mode, and see if you can use a restore point prior to this issue occurring (assuming you make restore points, or allow the system to do it automatically). Something might've corrupted from a new software install, or perhaps a virus. Either way, a restore point should be your first method....if possible.

If not, move on to:

Try to enter your recovery partition. I believe it's F11 on an ASUS laptop. If you have backed up your data, you should be able to use the partition to restore to factory settings.

Badjuras

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
I can't access neither the safe mode nor the recovery partition since the laptop keeps rebooting seconds after showing the asus logo and the flashing cursor.

Already tried creating 2 different bootable usb with windows and it keeps showing me the error i posted before.

Badjuras

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
http://postimg.org/image/a0dv5cc53/

It seems the image link i left before is broken so ill leave another one.

This is the error it shows up when i try to install windows from the usb

If you're willing to do this to reinstall Windows, then you may want to delete the partitions on the drive instead of simply formatting them. This will allow you to create new volumes, which will be more of a clean slate than formatting the existing partitions and leaving everything partitioned as it is.

Of course, you'll lose the recovery partition if you do this. You may want to clone that factory image to keep a backup of it, if you're able to.

That seems to be looking for a disk, rather than a USB......it might just be a generic thing but ensure you've got your BIOS set to boot from USB as priority 1.

Badjuras

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015

I tried setting the bios to boot the removable device first but for reasons i don't know, the usb is classified as an hard drive. Regarding the boot priority i tried everything and I'm almost 100% sure that's not the reason i can format my laptop.

The error is telling you it can't read a bootable device. If you've set to boot from USB, then you have another issue. Either the USB drive is defective also (what are the chances?!) or the ISO you mounted is also corrupt.

Where did you create the W7 bootable media from? The OS currently on the laptop?

Badjuras

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015

I created the bootable usb from a friend's computer. I even bought a new usb drive to see if the problem was from the USB. The new usb is formatted as NTFS instead of FAT32 (used a program called Rufus) can this be the reason for all this?

NTFS should be fine, that won't be the issued.

Did you create an ISO from your friends copy of W7? Or from a disc? Or downloaded from Microsoft?
I'd suggest a 'fresh' copy of windows, so not a bootable recovery disc from your friends W7 copy (I can't see that working). Either download the ISO from Microsoft or create the ISO from a retail disc. Either way, you'll need your license key to activate, so hopefully you've got that.