Have you tried using a USB mouse? Does this happen to any application inside Windows? Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test if it's a Touchpad problem or just a driver problem.
- Connect an external USB mouse and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it works normally, uninstall/reinstall the Touchpad driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Touchpad driver.
- Once done, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If it will still not work, do run System Restore. Bring it back to an earlier date or time.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options
- If System Restore will still not work last option would be to reinstall Windows.