Pee: The New Alternative Gasoline

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Finally! No more nasty bottles tossed on the side of the road by truckers. They'll install a direct line to the fuel cells...

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Cp8427[/nom]Finally, a use for bums on the street[/citation]

heh I can see it now, at a stop light your fuel light comes on... bum on the corner asks if you want your window cleaned... "No but if you wanna top off my tank ill give you a quarter"

MU_Engineer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
[citation][nom]mrmike_49[/nom]Great!! step 1 Buy beer, step 2 drink beer, step 3 fill 'gas' tank[/citation]

Step 4: "No officer, I wasn't drinking, I was just generating fuel for my car!"

dasper

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I will be looking forward to hearing a gear-head say "I only use the piss from stallions to fuel my M3 because of these performance reasons:"

MU_Engineer

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
I am curious as to how much power can be made from a liter of urine. Urine does have nitrogen, chloride, and potassium in it, but they are present in only milligram to gram quantities per kilogram of urine. Consider the average person urinates about two liters (with a specific gravity of 1.003-1.030, weighs about 2 kg), so it will likely take a huge amount of urine to yield much energy. I have a hunch that's why the authors listed this as possibly suitable for situations like music concerts where there are a lot of people urinating in one place.

pito

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]Gotta go gotta go... But what happens when your tank is full?[/citation]

knowing the gas companies they will have Pee Stations that will buy your pee for a fraction of what they'll sell it for.

I can see the advertisement signs "Trade your pee for a 44oz Slur-Pee''

"Bring your Pee get a Slurp"

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I see a huge flaw here...

Is there a new engine design to run the Pee in?

Pee clearly can't be used in a combustion engine; there would be no control over the octane of the urine. All cars run better on the octane they are designed for as the gas needs X amount of time to burn thoroughly and get maximum energy. That’s why putting 93 octane gas in a car that requires 87 octane is brutal for your engine. (Some people think it’s good for the car now and again to run “cleaner” gas (91/93), But they are in fact damaging their engine.)

I will be charging Shell, Esso and the likes to sell my high octane liqueur piss and fill my car with 91 octane as usual.

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
There's a scene in "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" that this reminds me of, when the guys run out of petrol on a remote road after a heavy night on the ale, and one of the guys tells another to just piss into the petrol tank after what they drank last night...

Oh, the comedy, but I doubt any of you know or remember that.

g0rilla

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
[citation][nom]irh_1974[/nom]Maybe a driving seat catheter, or where the fuel cap is there is an adapter shaped like a baseball mit.I would have thought bums piss would be like rocket fuel[/citation]

Nah, just give 'em a funnel.

mrdino2010

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
[citation][nom]SoiledBottom[/nom]Not only is filling the car up fun...we now do it as a family[/citation]

Typical of people like you that peeing into a cars gas tank is a healthy family activity, why dont you rethink your life

Motopsychojdn

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Tattysnuc[/nom]There's a scene in "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" that this reminds me of, when the guys run out of petrol on a remote road after a heavy night on the ale, and one of the guys tells another to just piss into the petrol tank after what they drank last night...Oh, the comedy, but I doubt any of you know or remember that.[/citation]

I remember the lads well mate :)

and yeah, Oz probably could retire on his bladder contents after a neet oot on the toon :p
Moto

G

I don't think drinking 10 beers is going to help fuel the car because you are going to have water-downed urine. Or should I say alcohol-downed urine? I think the yellower the urine, the more potent it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.