People These Days Want to Work at Google, Apple, Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtopmobile

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
and so the monopoly will continue....... we need new companies, specially in the CPU sector, amd is not good enough to generate a competition ambient between them and intel....

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
While the point of the article is to stress the relevance of tech companies the survey can also be used to tell the opposite:

U.S. Department of State 7.89%
The Walt Disney Company 7.67%
IBM 2.37%

Can we also tell the ones who answered Facebook or Apple are computer dummies? I wonder...

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I would love to work at Google. You may disagree with their business practices but that does not mean they aren't a great place to work. Their employees are treated wonderfully.

cyprod

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn't want to work for google, their non-standard benefits are good, but their pay kind of sucks. It looked good at first as I was in colorado, but when I adjusted for cost of living for moving to california, it would have been a rather large pay cut.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I hear you can do apprenticeships for Apple at Foxconn.

I guess from these polls, it must be a LOVELY place to work.

Sounds like they were polling a bunch of history of art students.

AerieC

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]What about photographer for Playboy?[/citation]

But then you have to look at Lindsay Lohan naked...

*shudder*

xxchocotacoxx

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
[citation][nom]K2N hater[/nom]While the point of the article is to stress the relevance of tech companies the survey can also be used to tell the opposite:U.S. Department of State 7.89%The Walt Disney Company 7.67%IBM 2.37%Can we also tell the ones who answered Facebook or Apple are computer dummies? I wonder...[/citation]

I can see how IBM is pretty low on the list.. as I type this from my IBM work laptop.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]mobrocket[/nom]good luck hoof_hearted... nobody ever quits that jobI heard EA is very tough place to work for[/citation]
I know a few people that have worked at EA in various jobs and its not a great place to work. The pay is decent and the benefits are pretty good, but the work atmosphere sucks and you get worked to the bone. Mind you, the job security is better than in most other companies in the video game industry.

Oh and don't be a tester at EA, that is a terrible, terrible job. They recruited for testers at my school (a couple blocks from their head office) and I know a few people that wasted their time doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.