Perfmon reports poor performance for newly bought Acer Aspire A515-51G laptop, and screen has a yellow tint that won't go away

May 25, 2018
Just received the laptop this Monday, 5 days ago. Specs are Core i5-8250U / 8GB RAM (DDR4, i think) / 1TB HDD / Windows 10 64-bit / NVIDIA GeForceMX150 with 2GB DDR5 RAM. I am not an avid gamer. Rarely game, actually.

Noticed around Wednesday that the screen has a yellow tint to it that will not go away. Like, the whites are not actually white but light yellow. It is even more prominent when I reduce the brightness. I did some quick searches online and found no definitive answer, except that it is a reported issue with some laptops - essentially it can be anything from an issue with the screen to one with the GPU chipset, connecting cables, physical impact, etc.

I uninstalled the Acer utility that has settings for Bluelight reduction (even though those were turned off), checked that Night Mode is off in Windows 10, and yet the yellow tint refuses to go. Color calibration tool in Windows shows that the whites are light yellow too. I don't have a spare monitor to check if its a screen issue or something else. Is there a way to diagnose this without a spare monitor.

For the heck of it, I ran a perfmon diagnostic and was kinda confused with the results, wherein it gave me poor scores for CPU, Graphics, Gaming Graphics, Disk, and 'very poor' for Memory. I did not expect this for a brand new laptop that is running only Firefox, Dropbox and VLC.

So, now my question is - Can the two issues be related. Did I manage to get a dud, or am I doing something wrong with interpreting perfmon results?

P.S.: Can my smartphone be hooked up as a monitor to check screen issue? Is it safe for the smartphone?

Solution
Unfortunately the problems you are referring to all sound like hardware issues. So standard troubleshooting, setting changes, etc., are really not an option. I get the 'good deal' part, but if it isn't working, and will cost you to have it fixed, I don't see how it is a good deal anymore.

Plus, were it me, I would be wondering what else could be wrong with it.
May 25, 2018

I did initiate it. Bought it from Amazon. Problem is they don't have a replacement for it, so they are offering a refund. But I got it at a pretty good price under offer, which I doubt I will get again for these specs (it was cheaper than my earlier laptop i bought 4.5 years ago, with much better specs) so I was hoping maybe I could troubleshoot it before giving them a go-ahead for refund.

Unfortunately the problems you are referring to all sound like hardware issues. So standard troubleshooting, setting changes, etc., are really not an option. I get the 'good deal' part, but if it isn't working, and will cost you to have it fixed, I don't see how it is a good deal anymore.

Plus, were it me, I would be wondering what else could be wrong with it.

Solution
Mar 6, 2018
I think its an issue with the TN Panel. I have the same issue and noticed the same yellow tint. Mine's a few months older than yours.
Had called the company, but they weren't much of help only recommended to install the driver.
But i think we would need to replace the screen to a FHD 1080P ips panel if thats possible even