Permanent FPS drop on every single game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaping_1

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
Hey guys! My first thread here so I apologize if I posted this on the wrong place. I currently am in a situation where my laptop is having performance issues on EVERY SINGLE GAME. I tried running CSGO and before I used to have about 60 fps at spawn on CT, but now I have about 20 fps. Same with other games. Dirty Bomb, used to be 50-60 but now it is about 18. And all of this just happened OVERNIGHT. I recently just bought my g402 gaming mouse but with this situation going on I felt like smashing my mouse because of my rage. If it helps any, my fan didn't seem to be working so any fix would be very appreciated.

I have tried turning it off and on, running antivirus, calling my internet support for some cookies, my neighbor for sugar, so dont give me that pls

Specs:
Samsung x29(sumtin like that)
I7-4720hq
GT 750m
8gb ram
256gb SSD

I use this for school. Thanks for your help!

Solution
I can't find a single laptop made by samsung with those specs on it. Since I can't find which laptop you're using, I can't help much.

The last thing that comes to mind is, did you disable active GPU switching, locking it to the iGPU only? Is your laptop capable of actively switching between iGPU and dedicated GPU for power savings? If it's only stuck using the iGPU, and isn't getting super hot, I wouldn't be surprised the fans aren't spinning very quickly.

amtseung

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014

At least you've maintained your wits through the rage. ;)

So this happened overnight, and the only change was the g402 mouse. Does not using the mouse give you back your fpses? Try killing the logitech services and mouse software, and playing with the mouse connected, then trying with no USB devices attached.

I had a g402 once, and the mouse software, if left running in the background, killed fps for me too, because it was constantly tracking and recording mouse movement to analyze in the background, something my PC isn't quite powerful enough to overcome while playing CPU-heavy titles. I eventually gave up the g402 because it was just too heavy to flick and swipe.

Leaping_1

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
Sorry I was sleeping. None of these solutions did the trick. I believe that my laptop is stuck in power saving mode and even if I choose a differnt battery mode, such as balanced or max performance, the fans won't work and i still get 20 fps on all games.

amtseung

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I can't find a single laptop made by samsung with those specs on it. Since I can't find which laptop you're using, I can't help much.

The last thing that comes to mind is, did you disable active GPU switching, locking it to the iGPU only? Is your laptop capable of actively switching between iGPU and dedicated GPU for power savings? If it's only stuck using the iGPU, and isn't getting super hot, I wouldn't be surprised the fans aren't spinning very quickly.

Solution

Leaping_1

Commendable
Oct 5, 2016
Hey guys finally found the solution! On every Samsung laptop, there is a fan icon on F11. Pressing on FN+F11 disables the internal fans. Thank you guys for helping me out

Status
Not open for further replies.