Solved! permanent screen display

evah14

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Dear friends,

I am wondering whether there is a way to keep permanently 'On' the screen dipslay of a pic on a digital photographic camera. The factory settings allow 30''. do you know any ways or possible interventions that I could do in order to reset or modify the camera? (I am currently holding a 2006 canon but i need to apply this in about 7 different older digital cameras). Any ideas, suggestions and knowledge is welcome.

Cheers E

Solution
7 different cameras?

No.

There is no universal method of forcing the rear screen to be on for 7 different cameras. They have different settings, different capabilities.

There are modifications available only for a few cameras. Google the model numbers of the cameras you are playing with to see if those happen to be among them. But it is statistically likely that none of them are.

There are operational reasons why rear screens were not to be left permanently on. They over-heat. They get burn in. They drain the battery. The excess heat from those screens being on constantly would not be good for the rest of the camera either.

Consider a cam-corder with a swing out screen and an AC adapter as a low-rent way to get there.

bjornl

Estimable
7 different cameras?

No.

There is no universal method of forcing the rear screen to be on for 7 different cameras. They have different settings, different capabilities.

There are modifications available only for a few cameras. Google the model numbers of the cameras you are playing with to see if those happen to be among them. But it is statistically likely that none of them are.

There are operational reasons why rear screens were not to be left permanently on. They over-heat. They get burn in. They drain the battery. The excess heat from those screens being on constantly would not be good for the rest of the camera either.

Consider a cam-corder with a swing out screen and an AC adapter as a low-rent way to get there.

Solution

evah14

Prominent
May 28, 2017

evah14

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Thank you bjornl!
I am checking the possibilities of such configuration but I didn't want to buy photo-cameras that I am not going to use etc etc. This was very helpful.
Any other views still welcome!

USAFRet

Illustrious

bjornl is correct. There is no one size fits all setting for this.
And on a lot of (most?) cameras, may be totally impossible.

evah14

Prominent
May 28, 2017

evah14

Prominent
May 28, 2017
Thank you USAFRet,

Then if anybody knows the secret cameras who could possibly maintain the screen display 'On' is very welcome to share!

I curently have tried a Canon, an HP and a Panasonic (models to be confirmed soon) and they don't last.

Cheers! E