PETA Attacks Battlefield 3 Over Animal Cruelty

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus25

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
PETA STFU I wish these idiots had something better to do then give people that make games and commercials a hard time about all the stuff they put in them. Hey people at PETA do you drive cars? You can miss every bug and creature while driving, everyone kills every day whether bugs rats whatever. I thought they were only against mistreating and killing if everyone killed stuff the way you kill the rat in the SP campaign I think it would be more humane then using a trap. One quick jab through the head Nighty Night.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Oh totally.. Because seeing things in a game is likely to make me want to do them in real life too... sure..

You don't see them complaining about Oblivion or skyrim where you kill bears, birds, WOLFS.. Foxes etc..

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]trex2488[/nom]Wow, If PETA got on BF3 case for killing rats... Idk what they're going to do when they notice MW3 has dogs with bombs strapped to them...[/citation]
Did they ever complain about the killing of animals in World of Warcraft???

jezus53

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
[citation][nom]mediaslave[/nom]Seems quite a few people here don't quite get the point. What they are saying is that the behavior in the game could possibly inspire the same behaviour in real life. People obviously aren't going to go out and start mowing down others BF3 style (although, I guess, some have) but certain idiots could see it as "just a rat" and go out and do it in real life. Then what's next? Cat? Dog? YOUR dog? I can see their point, and for once its not really a bad one. PETA is usually so completely full of crap its laughable, but I think they actually have a point here. Its an unnecessary part of the game, with possible negative real world consequences, so why have it in there?[/citation]

Nice slippery slope fallacy...

Imagine this, what if taking out killing caused people to do it more. Maybe killing things in games satisfies that need to kill something an d turn makes you less violent in the real world. WHAT A CONCEPT. If you get easily swayed by video games then don't play it.

Also, the rat fucking bit him in the hand and was going to give away his position with all of it's squealing, he had to kill it.

adam873873

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]Wait until they see Super Mario Bros series, where thousands of turtles being subjected to fire, stepped on, thrown into gaping abyss, and hammered down by a duo of Italian plumbers.[/citation]

Ahahaha, I had to log in just to say that I almost died laughing from that..

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]jezus53[/nom]Nice slippery slope fallacy...Imagine this, what if taking out killing caused people to do it more. Maybe killing things in games satisfies that need to kill something an d turn makes you less violent in the real world. WHAT A CONCEPT. If you get easily swayed by video games then don't play it. Also, the rat fucking bit him in the hand and was going to give away his position with all of it's squealing, he had to kill it.[/citation]
See I didn't know the rat was gonna get him killed (not as if I cared anyway I hate rats), and now that I know it is done in order to survive I totally support this virtual vermin destruction (again I would kill it anyway).

G

PETA makes the most hardcore OWS and Tea Party people seem sane in comparison. Complaining about rat killing in a war game, nutjobs!

G

I'd like to know PETAs thoughts on MW3s depiction of suicide bomber dogs in the Special Ops Survival Missions.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Not these nuts again? It's a game, but then again, people that can't tell that humans are more important than animals in the first place really don't have their ducks ligned up too straight. Although I do like dogs better than most people but cats are great grilled with orange sauce.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
What about Skyrim or hunting simulators?
Got to love the way people trolling in Germany, just like in Youtube, full of trolls.

spacey1

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
this is silly.. these guys are just mad there lives didnt turn out the way they wanted so they are mad,or they didnt get enough huges as a child..they are miserable and they want the rest of the world to be as well..
disclaimer..I in no way promote or support animal abuse in the real world..
I bet they dont say anything when that server brings them that medium rare steak out of the kitchen lol..

AidanJC

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
In all fairness, the rat brought it on itself. The rat bit the characters finger after the character tried moving it out of the way by brushing it out of the way.

If a dog bites a human, it is put down. Same principal applies to the rat, just a little more harshly.

Status
Not open for further replies.