PETA Attacks Battlefield 3 Over Animal Cruelty

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

el_bastardo74

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
oh my goodness...peta would not like the crazed, sociopathic behavior i have been displaying toward skeevers, wolves, stray dogs, wooly mammoths and elk in skyrim.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Where was PETA when Lara Croft was shooting endangered species to death in Tomb Raider?
Probably still being investigated by the FBI as a domestic terrorist organisation

hairystuff

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
In England the city council kills rats with warfarin baited poision, I've shot them in the face with my air rifle, they're pests and nobody gaves a flying turd about them.

gio2vanni86

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I did in game, and frankly if it was real life i would have done worse if i saw it in real life.. PETA can just take it, and deep down they should go in a room filled with Rats and see how they react.. I bet most of them would kill some of the rats. Just my opinion. But these animals are filthy rodents and they should be exterminated.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]mediaslave[/nom]Seems quite a few people here don't quite get the point. What they are saying is that the behavior in the game could possibly inspire the same behaviour in real life. People obviously aren't going to go out and start mowing down others BF3 style (although, I guess, some have) but certain idiots could see it as "just a rat" and go out and do it in real life. Then what's next? Cat? Dog? YOUR dog? I can see their point, and for once its not really a bad one. PETA is usually so completely full of crap its laughable, but I think they actually have a point here. Its an unnecessary part of the game, with possible negative real world consequences, so why have it in there?[/citation]
I see your point. I agree, and also playing Guitar Hero can make rock star of you.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I know this has already been posed but it must be said again

REALLY? Animals have rights too but in a game that you kill other humans I think being able to Stab a rat and then throw away the dead rat is perfectly fine I mean a person that plays this game and then thinks "You know I'm going to go around stabbing rats because this game makes it look fun" before they have that thought they might have the thought to go stabbing people leaving your precious Rats alone... lets not forget that it was the Rats that spread the BLACK DEATH So here is Hoping that any rats not killed by humans reach you covered in fleas that carry the black death and transfer it to you........ all because you wanted to save the RATS

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]secolliyn[/nom]I know this has already been posed but it must be said againREALLY? Animals have rights too but in a game that you kill other humans I think being able to Stab a rat and then throw away the dead rat is perfectly fine I mean a person that plays this game and then thinks "You know I'm going to go around stabbing rats because this game makes it look fun" before they have that thought they might have the thought to go stabbing people leaving your precious Rats alone... lets not forget that it was the Rats that spread the BLACK DEATH So here is Hoping that any rats not killed by humans reach you covered in fleas that carry the black death and transfer it to you........ all because you wanted to save the RATS[/citation]

While rats did spread the black death, there is a root cause to this.
At the time the church was doing many stupid things, including telling people that cats were evil satanist creatures. The actions that followed was that the people brainwashed by religion went around killing all of the cats. Guess what happened then a natural predator of the rats are no longer around?

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
I don't think the issue of animal cruelty is strictly confined to German males. You only have to read the British press to see this. But this has been going on long before the likes of BF3 (which is not a kid's game). If you go back even further you'll also see certain people treating women like dogs.. I bet PETA wouldn't touch that with a barge poll.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]I guess they glanced over the bit where you are killing people THROUGHOUT THE GAME.Then get emo over 1 F*&£ing mouse.[/citation]

You don't understand. PETA is right on this one. It is okay to kill humans, especially when you do it while wearing an army branded costume, but don't you ever kill a rat.

Also rats are almost endangered but it is good to see that PETA is looking out for them. For Christmas, it would be cool if the people who made battlefield 3 could donate a live rat to each worker at PETA.

krinkles619

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
hey peta, why don't you sue me, i actually killed a few dozen small furry animals this summer, and that was before this game came out. dumbasses

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
LOL Hurting animals has been around a lot longer then video games and movies...

If talking just strictly humans hurting / tormenting animals for fun, we're talking about at least 20,000 years lol. That's if you don't count our early ancestors who in all likely-hood had little in terms of entertainment outside of hunting, gathering, sleeping, sex and tormenting animals. Even further back if you want to count our ancestors.

I Hate it when video games are the "blame" for anything other then distracting people from work or school.

Oh sorry, my comment only makes sense if you don't believe that an invisible, angry, homophobic, sexist, old man in the sky created the earth 6000 years ago. My bad.

elbert

Distinguished
WoW you can stab rats in the game. I really want to play this rat killing game. Now if EA would sale the game on stream. I am sure EA will be happy to hear PETA is helping out with advertising the finer points of the game. ;)

amdfangirl

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 7, 2008
So wait why does PETA know about all of the cruel things you can do to animals in video games?

;)

They test them out of course. For fun... I mean serious research into the health of virtual animals.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
this makes me think twice about those movies like Aeon or similar where the population is held like sheeps by the ruling power and everybody is dumb as sh1t except with few rebels that try to come back to the old ways ... germany seems to be heading that direction

Status
Not open for further replies.