Solved! Philips 48PFS8109/12 dead help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

azux

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hey all !

Last year I upgraded software on my Philips Smart TV. After the upgrade the TV won't turn back on even in to standby mode. I just left the TV sitting in the box since then but now I'm looking for a challenge and won't to give it a shot at repairing it before I bin it. The Philips logo just under the camera lights up and the optical connection at the back of the TV is lit up too so it's not a power issue.

I've tried to turn the TV on using the joystick but without any joy (the remote doesn't work). Is there anyway to downgrade the software on this TV hoping it will resolve this issue? Has anyone any suggestions or came across a similar issue? I've been searching all over the net for the last few days but can't find anything. I contacted Philips support but they were being less than helpful since the TV is out of warranty.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get it repaired. Thank you

azux

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Last edited:

azux

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Did you follow the instructions?
https://www.p4c.philips.com/files/4/48pfs8109_12/48pfs8109_12_fin_eng.pdf
"Unzip the zip file to any directory using an archive utility 9. Create a folder name “upgrades” in the main directory of your USB flash drive. 10. Copy the upg file you have extract earlier into the upgrades folder, as depicted in the picture below "

Yes I followed the instructions step by step. I unplugged the TV from the mains for 20 minutes, I plugged in the memory stick with software file in upgrades folder and then plugged the TV back in to the mains. Left it on for 30 minutes and nothing has happened. I would presume at this stage new main board is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.