Question Phone can't find my wifi

Feb 9, 2019
My Nexus 6P can't find my wifi at home. It is able to find and connect to every other network around, except mine. Tried using 3rd party apps with no success. I have seen a couple of similar threads with the same answers in here but were not of much help. Did a hard reset with wiping the cache, reset the router, reset the phone but nothing worked. It might be worth mentioning it had it motherboard? replaced due to connectivity issues while in warranty.

If the phone can find all other WiFi, just not the home one, then it likely isn't the phone.

However, that said, I would try connecting to your WiFi with another device and see if it works before going further. If it doesn't work on the other device as well, then the problem could be the following, your modem/router needing replacing or your ISP having issues.

I would ask you though if your modem/router is running at 2.4GHz or 5.0GHz, rather than both. If it is an older modem/router and a new phone, then they may not be on the same one. Most newer modems/routers and phones have both, but this can happen. So I would check to see which your phone is looking for, and which your modem/router is putting out.

Also, check the modems setting to see if it is actually not broadcasting normally, but is hidden. Some phones won't find them, even if you know the name/log in.

Feb 9, 2019
I have connected to many other wifis with that phone with no problems and many other smartphones and laptops to the device. It's a TP-LINK and is running at 2.4GHz. Before having the phone sent for repairment, it used to connect to the same router with no problem.