Solved! Phone disconnects to WIFI when using a bluetooth device.

Mar 22, 2019
I am trying to connect my bluetooth controller for my smartphone. It seems that after connecting it for a couple mins, it would disconnect me to the WIFI and I have to restart my router again just for my phone to connect.

Im using a Vivo y53 phone
Mocute Controller
Octupus App

Regards

If it works fine on another modem/router I would start with just restarting (power it off and back on) yours. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Should that not do it, then I would find out what channel the other modem/router was using, as well as if it was broadcasting (and picked up by your device) at 2.4GHz or 5.0 GHz.

That isn't uncommon. Some phones don't like using both WiFi and Bluetooth at the same time. A way around it is to use data instead.

Also, it may not be the phone. It could be your WiFi connection (your ISP) I would consider checking the connection for any problems. Speed drops, etc. While some devices don't notice those right away, others do. And a need to restart the modem/router to make it work doesn't sound like the phone is the problem. It could even be your modem/router, but start with testing the connection.

Mar 22, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I did try it on other network and it seems to work okay. May I know if there is something I have to change on the frequency of my router/modem?

Regards,

If it works fine on another modem/router I would start with just restarting (power it off and back on) yours. Sometimes that is all it takes.

Should that not do it, then I would find out what channel the other modem/router was using, as well as if it was broadcasting (and picked up by your device) at 2.4GHz or 5.0 GHz.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Android Smartphones 0
L Android Smartphones 2
M Android Smartphones 1
karlowitch Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 4
BruP Android Smartphones 5
B Android Smartphones 0
L Android Smartphones 1
Jen T Android Smartphones 4
PassionateEric Android Smartphones 0
Q Android Smartphones 4