Solved! Phone got hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2018
My niece found pictures from her phone and from my phone on my nephews phone.
She has an iPhone and I have android.
When we confronted him and told him he touched our phone and transferred info without our knowledge he said his phone is hacked.
But it still doesn't make sense bc if his phone is hacked how pictures from my gallery got to his phone? He has an iPhone btw.
Than he said there's an option that when his phone got hacked he can get other people's phone info without him knowing.
But he didnt get info from all the devices in the house and he only got specific pictures from different times which didnt make sense to me.
So what I want to know is his explanation can happen?
Can someone hack his phone and by that whenever he comes to a phone the hacker can hack the other device and transfer info to my nephews device without him knowing?

Solution
I think the most likely answer here is that someone (nephew) is making up whoppers now that he has been caught. You should secure all of your phones to prevent others from accessing them (passwords, PINs, fingerprint, etc). Also, turn off NFC communications, unless you are using it, same with Bluetooth. Lock down wi-fi networks with strong passwords as well.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I think the most likely answer here is that someone (nephew) is making up whoppers now that he has been caught. You should secure all of your phones to prevent others from accessing them (passwords, PINs, fingerprint, etc). Also, turn off NFC communications, unless you are using it, same with Bluetooth. Lock down wi-fi networks with strong passwords as well.

Solution

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Technically, any phone/PC can be hacked. Given what has been described, those are very specific things and why would a hacker only want to send pictures from one family member's phone to another? What would be the point?

This sounds like something else, altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.