Phone SMS Hacked?

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
Believed my phones SMS was hacked. Is it possible to inject an SMS message on a phone? And is there a way to tell who did it to me?

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
Update found more stuff:

Someone hacked my phone note 5 and tried to hack my PC accounts but failed (google and ubisoft warned me). They altered texts, made it so I can only charge if I turn the phone off, added apps to my drawer and they changed my security pin (I got that part fixed though ATT). I ordered a new phone to be safe but in the mean time is there anything a I can or should do to keep my phone safe. I ran scans (malwarebytes and norton) and they came up with nothing. Also should I save my pix and videos or delete them to be safe?

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
yeah I figured. I only use it for checking the tides when I am fishing as far as web surfing goes. I know phones are not as secure. So I already avoid the web as much as possible. So besides avoiding web pages anything else I should do?

Thanks paladin. Always like working with you in the forums, sorry it is me that needs the help for a change. Thx!!

atomicWAR

Distinguished
Herald
Sep 4, 2007
i only use the play store so my apps should be okish but i do have some free apps with ads. I know I have accidentally clicked those before. I guess that could be the vector. Only other things I can think of is a hacker Sylvia (handle not name) who has hacked me several times before because I would not date her. As much as I hate her, She is a dame good hacker. But It may not be her either. Could be I pissed someone off on the forums here or gaming.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i'd be looking to restore the phone with a fresh OS. just like a pc, blowing away the OS and installing a fresh one is a good idea.

http://www.galaxynote5update.com/galaxy-note5-stock-firmware/

once done i'd update the PRL, ATT network baseband and anything else you can update. should wipe out whatever was done to the phone. won't stop it from happening again if someone is determined but at least it'll be safe until the new phone comes in. sucks but i'd be asking for a new phone number as well, if you got a psycho stalker messing with you.