Photos lost on SD card

Giselle_3

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
My Sony experia x will not display photos saved on sd card, and I cannot change settings to keep photos in internal storage. Really fed up with Android and Sony.

Giselle_3

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
They were transferred using the transfer to SD option in settings. The more recent ones, yesterday from mothers day were saved directly to sd card from camera, after failing to update to Google photos, I cleared cache as per the directions on trouble shooting on Google photos and still have black boxes but a path to where they should be

The phone should have a regular gallery that it came with, not the google photos. Try viewing them and see if you can.

You can also try connecting the phone to a computer via USB cord and see if you can view the images. If yes, I would suggest copying them all over to a folder on the computer, and then fixing the google photos issue on the phone before copying them back over to the card.

Giselle_3

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

Giselle_3

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Hi , I have done a bit more research into the phone and it seems to be a known problem with sony xperia and sd cards. I have returned the phone as under 30 days old and gone for a Samsung. I have removed all photos to laptop from sd card so will watch this space, photos save to sd card and can be viewed in gallery on phone will check if Google upload will work, thanks for your help

Giselle_3

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017

Giselle_3

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
Which is why I back up to Google photos when on wifi, so when the whole process breaks down and xperia has already corrupted in the 10mins since been taken its a bit late