Photos on SD card not view-able on computer

anthonyscheeren1

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Hi, I have an LG G3 phone which I got recently and inserted an SD card I have had for some time. I have it set to save photos taken to my SD card. I am trying to clear up space on the card and so am trying to figure out where new/old photos are. The weird thing is, when I have the SD card connected to my computer and am using file manager I can see all the photos/videos from past phones (saved in folders like 100ANDRO or camera), but it does not show any recent photos that I have taken on the G3. However, I know they are there, because when I plug the SD card back into the phone I can see them on the phone's gallery app.

So why won't these pictures show in my file manager? Are they being saved in some weird directory my computer can't access?

Solution
Have you considered just plugging the phone into the computer and accessing them that way? You just need a USB cord to do so, and then the computer should see them just fine.

Also, just because you see them in the phones gallery app does not mean they are on the SD card. It is completely possible that they are either being saved to the phone itself, or to a google account. Which would not be seen on the card alone.

When you plug the phone into the computer, via USB, you should have the option to view the cards files and view the phones files. From here you will be able to determine if the photos are then actually being saved on the SD card or not.
Have you considered just plugging the phone into the computer and accessing them that way? You just need a USB cord to do so, and then the computer should see them just fine.

Also, just because you see them in the phones gallery app does not mean they are on the SD card. It is completely possible that they are either being saved to the phone itself, or to a google account. Which would not be seen on the card alone.

When you plug the phone into the computer, via USB, you should have the option to view the cards files and view the phones files. From here you will be able to determine if the photos are then actually being saved on the SD card or not.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS