PICTURED: Moto's Dual-core Honeycomb Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Looks good, but I'll wait till next year and see what actually comes out. I think next year might just be the true year of the tablets.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Still a little on the low end for the ram but more than enough for Andriod :)
Finally a decent tablet but I must wonder how much it will in the end cost?

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I wonder what it will be priced at. I hope a lot cheaper than the IPAD or the Galaxy Tab. 32GB, $400 would be a good price point :) And knock Apple down a peg or 2.

G

best tablette to date, i hope for a good SLCD or Amoled panel and a decent price and it could be mine.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
My guess is that they'll keep the prices at or just slightly less than the iPad.

The market already says people will pay a ridiculous sum for such a device.

And, if... and I do mean if they actually put a good IPS screen on it (unlike
everyone else except for the stupid iPad), don't expect any real difference in
pricing.

They'll just say, "It looks just as good, and does more with better hardware...
for the same price. Valuewin!"

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]kokusho[/nom]best tablette to date, i hope for a good SLCD or Amoled panel and a decent price and it could be mine.[/citation]

keep hoping. i'm hoping, too. this is where everyone else seems to screw it up.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]You'll never see an AMOLED display in a tablet because the battery wouldn't last an hour.[/citation]
Unless it had a built in radio-isotope battery then it could be left on and running for 99 years.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
My guess is between $500 and $600 bucks.

With the new Tegra 2 dual core and associated chipset chipset, I'm guessing their is going to be a premium because they won't sell as many as an iPad, hence will pay a higher price due to smaller lot size.

They are packing in alot and to expect anything less than the price range I suggested is just wishful thinking IMHO.

maxh2

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I think it'll cost significantly more than the ipad. People are in a tablet frenzy and will pay it, so they'll charge it. Originally, HP was going to sell their slate for several hundred dollars less than the $800 they settled on when it finally hit the market, just because they could. ExoPC's were originally going to be $500 but now that they're finally released they start at $600 and go up. The other windows 7 slates are similarly high even though they're just touchscreen netbooks without keyboards. Come on, people! Stop being willing to pay so much! I want to buy one, but will only do so at a reasonable price!

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
There's no point in comparing this to the iPad. People who want to buy the iPad have already made a blind consumer decision. People who want to buy this are doing so because they hate the iPad but want a tablet. They are actually on very different worlds despite the fact they are both tablets.

Anyway, it still looks nice, I hope it comes out in the UK.

Lutfij

Splendid
I still think that adding a pinhole camera to a small device is the issue...then again, these are for people with big wallets, who could care less about tech. They're in it just cos they have money to spend, and don't know whats in it. Oh, i forgot they're able to memorize what the brochure said about their gadgets.

512MB's of ram??? c'mon! you could do better!

G

@otacon72

because AMOLED consumes more juice then LCD, wait there..........

brianmoz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]WOW ....Depends on the screen size though, but at 10" that is going to kick some serious i butt!This thing looks awesome, arguably epic![/citation]

yeah of coarse when the iphone 4 came out with 960-by-640-pixel in 3 inches the thing was trash right. You guys are ridiculous

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
[citation][nom]brianmoz[/nom]yeah of coarse when the iphone 4 came out with 960-by-640-pixel in 3 inches the thing was trash right. You guys are ridiculous[/citation]

By "you guys" who are you actually referring to? The entire world? Every person who posts on Toms? If xbeater is excited about 1280x800 on a 10" screen I am just gonna assume he was in favor of 960x640 on the IP4 (which is actually 3.5").

Status
Not open for further replies.